Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does anything sell on Carsales.com

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
OMG !!!!! and it's only a V6 WTF ??

it's never been driven in the rain, so it's never been washed either I guess ??

Quick get it onto Carsales as their reputation will slipping.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I put my HQ Monaro on Carsales with no photos, just a general description of condition, with my details for full history info and photos.
Heaps of enquiries, usually to offer a ridiculous low price and to tell me that it was worth nothing. Some were downright insulting in their attitude.
Eventually sold it word-of-mouth locally for price I was after.

At the moment, anything with a non-imported Holden badge is being advertised at a 20% premium as a gold plated investment opportunity

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
At the moment, anything with a non-imported Holden badge is being advertised at a 200% premium as a gold plated investment opportunity

Fixed it for you.

Aussie Trev

Reaction score
Members Ride
2 by VX Acclaim Wagon Series II 2001 & 2002
I bought the Heron White VX Acclaim Series II that is in my post "It's Alive" in the showcase on Carsales. I negotiated with the owner and got a good price and they even delivered it for me. By the way, when the insurance wrote it off after the sump incident, they paid me out $1000 more than I paid for it two years ago. :)

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
I guess that's why insurance premiums are so high.

RWD4ever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 ute
There's a moral to that story........................don't take a "good car" to the supermarket, take a s____heap.

But really some of the ridiculous prices on CS are truly to be laughed at. Here are just 3 and as such let the membership be the judge I guess.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Holden-Commodore-1997/SSE-AD-5335104/?Cr=4

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Holden-Commodore-1996/SSE-AD-4427742/?Cr=10

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Holden-Commodore-1996/SSE-AD-5695628/?Cr=2
That ute has been for sale for quite a while. Um, who's willing to believe a V8 ute with only 12,930 km????

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
Basically they're all dreamers just trying it on hoping to find a bunny that's just got way too much money to burn.

Sadly VS isn't at that stage as yet as they still are at the bottom of the cash value cycle.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
That ute has been for sale for quite a while. Um, who's willing to believe a V8 ute with only 12,930 km????

It's probably 112,930 Km's and had a bit of trickery done to it, and with all that extra bling added to it why wouldn't the owner drive it, now if it was still totally original then you could nearly believe it with a bit of BS story spun.

Aussie Trev

Reaction score
Members Ride
2 by VX Acclaim Wagon Series II 2001 & 2002
And the ridiculing they'll get as well ;);)

For "greenacc"

The VS SL/R 5000 was a car built in a very small limited run (120 of) as a tribute to the Torana version and some particular milestone of 20 years on. It's probably the biggest kept secret that's come out of a Holden Dealership and thus why there's bugger all info out there about it in the first instance.
I was told by an ex Gm employee that when they came down on the cars being built to meet homologation requirements for racing and selling them to Joe Public that GM had a bunch of the A9X L34 engines sitting around with nowhere to put them. Rather than a tribute car perhaps these 120 cars are where they finally put them.