Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does Holden do special spec orders?

AlMart

Reaction score
Members Ride
Alfa Giulietta QV
Hi all, first post here.

I've been looking for a quickish RWD car around $65k - been thinking BMW 135, e46 M3 etc etc as i've only ever owned euros. I was in a mates VF Calais V the other day and ever since the thought of a brand new V8 is much more appealing than a used BMW.

The only issue is that i just dont like the autos Holden uses, i dont mind DCTs, but regular torque converters dont cut it when i've only ever owned manuals.

Long story cut short, i want a Calais V V8, with the light titanium leather BUT with the 6 speed manual - what are the chances of getting one ordered? I'd go an SSV but not really feeling it looks wise.

I know most euro marques will do out of range orders for manual transmissions if you find the right dealer, but those cars are actually available in manual in the particular specs overseas - where as a 6MT calais doesn't exist. I haven't been bothered to ask around dealers yet, but can anyone point me in the right direction to a dealer or something?

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Hey man , best advice I can give is to head down to a Dealer and start asking questions . Or speak to Holden directly .

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
If only........id love to see holden be able to do these things for customers.
Basically the Calais V is a SSV with the added grandpa factor.
If the Calais V was available in a manual, im sure they would sell more.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I'm pretty sure you can get special orders like this you just need to wait for them.

Not really the same thing but rellies of mine bought a Berlina a few years back and got the Grandpa spec faux woodgrain interior all changed to something else before delivery. That included door trims, dash and shifter boot in a VX, the dealer at first said no - they said well you can keep the car if we can't get this changed as it's standard, and like magic it all got changed :)

_Jay_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VF Clubsport R8
Welcome! I'm another euro convert (BMW), and very happy too! I went with the m6 ssv redline.. If all else fails check out the redline ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
If you've got euro money (5's are $79,990 to $159,900?) why not look at a GTS?

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
If you've owned BMW's then you can't really complain about the looks of the SSV's.

_Jay_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VF Clubsport R8
If you've owned BMW's then you can't really complain about the looks of the SSV's.

a6y9atub.jpg

Personal preference... I think bmw's are quite good looking, so too is my vf :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
Look at the previous 5 and 6 series. Not to mention the X1 and 5 Series GT. They are all not as bad as Subaru's but not far in front.

AlMart

Reaction score
Members Ride
Alfa Giulietta QV
Let me clarify, i'm looking at BMWs but havent owned one yet - currently driving an Alfa Giulietta QV, had Fiats, Golfs, Renaults etc in the past - all nice cars but not rwd.

The reason i was looking at BMWs is theyre the best option if i want something quick, rwd and manual. The 135i is a beast yet relatively understated and i can get one with my $70k max budget.

I think my best bet will be to go to dealers though, as much as i hate dealing with them , ill start asking around.