Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does homosexual public display of affection gross you out?

Does homosexual public display of affection gross you out?

• Total voters

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Yeah but the problem is not everyone knows the true meaning or origin of the word and just sees it as an extremely offensive word.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Yeah, I'm going to be an elitist dick here an say if that if you're not smart enough to educate your self the STFU :). (not aimed at you I'm just sayin)

Also on the hypothetical Swahili thing.
If you were Swahili and that was actually the word for friend. Then I wouldn't take offence to that. I might have to question you as to which side of your face you like least, but if you're able to explain it, I'm not one to carry on like a fool.

Ignorance is a curse IMO.

buzzboi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Commodore Acclaim
Faggot is actually an old word (yes, in english) and means "a bundle of sticks"... that said... I am gay... and I don't like public displays of affection by anyone, but why is it that "breeders" are allowed to go a lot further with their displays than "gays" are???

How about taking it a step further??? How many guys are absolutely horrified by "gay sex" but still rave on about anal, as long as it's with a chick???

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fagget is a bundle of sticks AFAIK. Thus the two different pronunciations.

I don't think anyone should be aloud to stick their tongues down another persons throat in public. Show a bit of respect for yourselves and everyone around you.
And Anal sex isn't the issue.
It's two dudes having anal sex. Which doesn't sit right with me.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Yeah, I'm going to be an elitist dick here an say if that if you're not smart enough to educate your self the STFU :). (not aimed at you I'm just sayin)

Also on the hypothetical Swahili thing.
If you were Swahili and that was actually the word for friend. Then I wouldn't take offence to that. I might have to question you as to which side of your face you like least, but if you're able to explain it, I'm not one to carry on like a fool.

Ignorance is a curse IMO.

Expecting anyone to know the true meaning and origin of every word used on a day to day basis is illogical and an unrealistic expectation.

The obvious path to take would be to avoid using words that have the potential to offend anyone.

Calling it ignorance is being ignorant.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Faggot is actually an old word (yes, in english) and means "a bundle of sticks"... that said... I am gay... and I don't like public displays of affection by anyone, but why is it that "breeders" are allowed to go a lot further with their displays than "gays" are???

How about taking it a step further??? How many guys are absolutely horrified by "gay sex" but still rave on about anal, as long as it's with a chick???

Calling non gays "breeders" doesnt help the gay communities attempt at being treated equally. People are people, regardless of who they choose to sleep with.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
No its not, Why should I accept that people get offended by things they don't understand?

That to me is just straight up dumb.
You don't have to understand the origins. But you should at least understand what the words you're using mean. Instead of changing the meaning to suit yourself. I know Languages evolve, but over the last few decades the English language has been arse raped.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
No its not, Why should I accept that people get offended by things they don't understand?

That to me is just straight up dumb.
You don't have to understand the origins. But you should at least understand what the words you're using mean. Instead of changing the meaning to suit yourself. I know Languages evolve, but over the last few decades the English language has been arse raped.

Exactly, with so many different meanings for different words these days and slang thrown into the mix, it's plain retarded to expect everyone to be on the same page.