Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does it look like I wanna race?

Frank Grimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC COMMODORE/HT Premier
Why is it that nearly every time I drive my standard 6cyl VC Commodore some twat will pull up beside or tailgate me giving me the "lets go" routine? And the worst culprit is usually the younger gen 3 or 4 V8 ute drivers........F#*K OFF DICKHEADS.....stop embarrassing yourselves.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Happens a lot in Adelaide too. Happens sometimes in Launceston but not that often that I have experienced. If they pull up and try to take me, I sit there and creep ahead a little bit and make it look like I am gonna have a go and then just ease off the line. Petrol costs me too much as it is, so I don't hoon off at the lights. Down here it not very often the V8 ute drivers but more so those who drive ricers, with their turbos quite often backfiring or that's what it sounds like when they ease off the pedal, huge bang.... I'd rather go to the drag strip and have them up against my RD 400 where they would have no hope....

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Yeah i guess beating vc 6 cylinder in a drag is nothing to brag about ☺

Frank Grimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC COMMODORE/HT Premier
Exactly,when I drive my club rego'ed lumpy cammed blah blah V8 HT I dont cop any of that crap.For some reason the commodore is a magnet for these idiots.We know who they are,they turn up at sanctioned club events and are the only ones doin skids when leaving giving the rest of us a bad rep..........

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Knowing the light sequence at intersections can cause many funnies. When they line you up give it a rev and roll forward a bit, they will go and hopefully roll into the intersection and cop a red light camera. They dont like it very much.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
When I bought my Monaro, the salesman warned me they were a “d... h..d magnet”, meaning that tyre kickers who couldn’t afford one were always talking about how they are going to buy a Monaro “one day”, and that those who had one were being given the “let’s race” look out on the road.
Well, nothing had changed in 14 years, I only drive it occasionally now, but still getting tailgated, undercut on roundabouts, and go faster looks at lights from P platers in crap heaps, young sheilas in buzz boxes, and old blokes in up market Falcons.
Got “the nod” from a new Mustang driver the other day, and when he “blew me away” at the lights, it made a noise like 4cylinder rice burner.
WTF !! Mustangs are supposed to be V8s, mate !
These things don’t happen when I drive my other two cars.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Must be a lucky one...Have a warmed over 6 cyl VC Commodore, that looks the young person type of car that I drive very reguarly....Don't seem to have people giving me the lets go routine or tailgating me.

IMA, the car has a ding on the rear, where some young woman wanted to use my car as her brakes at an intersection...

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
How come DICKHEADS is OK, but my ******** was censored, and I had to alter it ?

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
When I bought my Monaro, the salesman warned me they were a “d... h..d magnet”, meaning that tyre kickers who couldn’t afford one were always talking about how they are going to buy a Monaro “one day”, and that those who had one were being given the “let’s race” look out on the road.
Well, nothing had changed in 14 years, I only drive it occasionally now, but still getting tailgated, undercut on roundabouts, and go faster looks at lights from P platers in crap heaps, young sheilas in buzz boxes, and old blokes in up market Falcons.
Got “the nod” from a new Mustang driver the other day, and when he “blew me away” at the lights, it made a noise like 4cylinder rice burner.
WTF !! Mustangs are supposed to be V8s, mate !
These things don’t happen when I drive my other two cars.

Ha Ha nothing has changed in 50 years.

And the mustang driver probably forgot to let the hand brake off.
The hand brakes on the mustang are on the passenger side of the console cause the yanks were too tight to shift them to Aus drivers side of the console, along with the bonnet catch ffs, which is on the passenger A pillar.

Oh krap, the engine is on fire.
Quick, I must jump out of the car and run around to the passenger side and pull the bonnet catch, better pull the hand brake on while I am there, lol.