Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does L67 Yella Terra snout require tuning??

747-VY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais L67
Ok so ive been searching for a while and havent found anything of use..

Ive got the yella terra l67 snout upgrade YT3800KIT2 for my VY and i just want to know if a tune is required after fitment?!

The site i bought it off said no need for a tune, so have a few other sites but a couple of people (mechanics n that) have said it'll blow the engine without a tune..

Only has full exhaust (pacemakers>hiflo cats>vy r8 catback) and currently FIT 10psi pulley but I dont wanna risk anything so can anyone help me out here?? Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
The snout it self will not change anything but the pulley you fit will what determines if you need a tune.

The 87mm pulley will be fine but will likely make the same boost as the FIT 10 psi one you have now.

747-VY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais L67
Well the pulley the YT snout came with is 10psi so it'll be fine without a tune, cheers bro

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
No tune is needed.

Even 10psi with a intercooler won't NEED a tune. Only if you play with cam's or the throttle body/MAF are they really needed or unless you have finish all your mods and want the best fuel economy n power out of your engine.

747-VY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais L67
Yeah thats what i thought but the guy who said it needed a tune full got aggressive when i thought it didnt haha

LazyGamer

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
No tune is needed.

Even 10psi with a intercooler won't NEED a tune. Only if you play with cam's or the throttle body/MAF are they really needed or unless you have finish all your mods and want the best fuel economy n power out of your engine.

Hmmmmm ... if an intercooler has been installed then the car needs a tune.
if its just the snout then no.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14

Not really. It's not increasing pressure or any other parameter. All it does is cool the inlet charge down.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
if its just the snout then no.

But that's not what he asked and RJK is correct it's not needed. That's like saying be adding an air pod and moving it to get colder air will require tuning. It's not nessary.

Nice dig to, I'm sure the OP is still hung up on fitting a Yella Tera with 10psi and NO INTERCOOLER 12 months later