Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does my VE SS look written off

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
With me sh#t always happens. Can't escape it. So my motto has been avoid it if l can, cause sh#t happens. Don't tempt the fates. :) ;)
Some people have all the shitty fun lol. Man ive dodged roos, blondes driving green ve utes on the wrong side of the road, trucks…. Must be cos i use the 5 Ds of dodgeball. Dodge duck dip dive and… dodge

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I must be like Lex, plenty of luck, just all bad....

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Well murphy must have been too busy sniffing all yalls butt cracks for the last 16 years to mess with me...
And you’ve just put the mossie on yourself :eek: So make sure your insurance is paid up :p:p:p

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
And you’ve just put the mossie on yourself :eek: So make sure your insurance is paid up :p:p:p
Yep. Full comprehensive on my new toy. Old girl aint being used right now so she can go comando for the time being

Reactions: Lex

tjoel95

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt l67
So update car has 19k worth of damage too repair so most likely a write off

Getting assessment Tuesday hopefully
Get a decent pay out

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

Get a decent pay out

You can still use similar car values to prevent the write off, much like you use it to try get more money too replace the car....

Leave the choice upto you

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L

Get a decent pay out
The cheapest VE SS wagons on Carsales have $20k on them and if yours is in better condition than the average it would be worth more than that. Probably closer to $30k if it was low kms and/or in immaculate condition.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

Get a decent pay out
Assuming your insurance company writes off vehicles when repairs are 80% of the vehicle’s value, which many do but some at a less %, with $20k of repairs being quoted you’d need the vehicle to be valued over $25k to avoid it being written off. Food for thought…

Given J_D’s comment that well looked after low k vehicle may sell for $30k, then it’s shouldn’t be impossible to get your vehicle’s value increased to at least $25K if not more… and still get it written off and take the cash…

But if your car @ 225,000kms is valued at $9k, being a ok v6 for example, you may be better off discussing your agreed value of $18k and if at fault party‘s insurer won’t play the game then claim through your insurance company…

So time to hit carsales and check out what prices are being asked for something in line with your vehicle, milage, condition, etc… and prepare yourself and any counter to their first offer…

Whatever you want to achieve, it’s for you to push because the best result simply won’t fall in one’s lap ;)

Last edited: