Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does my VE SS look written off

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
So update

Insurance offered me 27k after lots
Of arguing

But I want the car back so the cost of that is unknown yet hopefully I don’t get ripped on that

Not bad price!!
Hopefuly not = again do searches .
Back in 2012 my manual duel fuel S pack VS Ute got written off , insured for $10k , buy back of wreck (with Shannons ) was $5k .
I elected not !!!, and bought a VS Maloo with 85.5 k kms on for $9.8k = ( lucky )!!!!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So update

Insurance offered me 27k after lots
Of arguing

But I want the car back so the cost of that is unknown yet hopefully I don’t get ripped on that
What's the plan if you buy it back?

Reactions: Lex

tjoel95

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt l67
I’ve built the engine and upgraded it too a hsv dash so a lot of money there plus the diff also going too swap it all too the new car

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I’ve built the engine and upgraded it too a hsv dash so a lot of money there plus the diff also going too swap it all too the new car
Hopefully no mention of that to your insurance Co? If they know they may charge more to buy it back.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Hopefully no mention of that to your insurance Co? If they know they may charge more to buy it back.
Else you mention it in relation to upping the value of the payout. After all, wasn’t circa $25K odd for a standard vehicle? You’d think a modded hsv tribute ute with rebuilt and modded driveline would add much more to the equation…

At the end of the day, it’s maths as insurance companies have a formula for the recovery costs for the wreck.… Basically it’s a stepped x% value based on the end payout :rolleyes:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Unnotified modifications? Tch tch. I would assume OP's insurer is already aware of any mods as that would no doubt be a condition of the liability for cover.
OP’s insurer, maybe… but he’s going through the at fault insurer which would probably be another insurance company…

Can get more interesting, or easier, if the at fault guy has the same insurance company :rolleyes:

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
In 1998 we owned a Toyota Corona Amon. Amon had been a racing car driver and had done a suspension job on that model for them. Brilliant little car. However it had done 240,000 k's and we would have been lucky to get $2000 for it however it was insured for $4,500. After picking the wife up from work we were hit up the backside by a truck while waiting at the lights and pushed into a car in front of us. Unbeknown to me the wife had suffered some backlash while I was unharmed. The truck driver was all apologetic while I was trying hard not to laugh. We got paid out the $4,500 and bought the VH we now own as her work car. Now she won't drive it because it has been modified so that has been a win for me.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
In 1998 we owned a Toyota Corona Amon. Amon had been a racing car driver and had done a suspension job on that model for them. Brilliant little car. However it had done 240,000 k's and we would have been lucky to get $2000 for it however it was insured for $4,500. After picking the wife up from work we were hit up the backside by a truck while waiting at the lights and pushed into a car in front of us. Unbeknown to me the wife had suffered some backlash while I was unharmed. The truck driver was all apologetic while I was trying hard not to laugh. We got paid out the $4,500 and bought the VH we now own as her work car. Now she won't drive it because it has been modified so that has been a win for me.
How is the wifes'back now? Did she make a full recovery?