Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does series 2 bimodal exhaust drone if open permanently?

VF2SSBlack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS Black Edition Sedan Manual
Hi fellow enthusiasts,Has anyone removed the fuse & thus left their V8 series 2 bimodal exhaust open permanently? If so,does it drone much during normal cruising.

I have an automatic vf ssv series 1 with disconnected DOD & standard manifolds. I would greatly appreciate any information/opinions as I'm thinking of fitting the SSV series 2 exhaust , which is free from a mate, to get a nice v8 note. I also can get a bimodal HSV exhaust & wonder if that would drone if left permanently open.

Thanks for your help.
Yes, it will drone. I currently own a VF2 SS sedan, manual. I have removed the fuse for a while, it "droned" and it used more fuel.

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
I have Calais V wagon, permanently open bimodal, no drone at any speed, great on fuel, for a V8.
maybe vf2ssblack uses the loud pedal a bit more with the bimodal open, listening to that sweet V8 sound.

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
Hey guys, i understand that you can pull the relay to keep the bimodals open throughout the rev range but once the relay is pulled is it still possible to close & open the bimodals through the mylink function? or will that function no longer work?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Hey guys, i understand that you can pull the relay to keep the bimodals open throughout the rev range but once the relay is pulled is it still possible to close & open the bimodals through the mylink function? or will that function no longer work?
What do you think ?

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
What do you think ?
No, just wanted confirmation. Trying to figure out if its possible to have them open throughout the rev range and also the ability to close them if required but from what i gather it doesnt look like its possible.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
No, just wanted confirmation. Trying to figure out if its possible to have them open throughout the rev range and also the ability to close them if required but from what i gather it doesnt look like its possible.
You are right. There is however bimodal relay gadget on ebay that you replace factory relay with and then control the valve with a remote. I.e. on or off

I had it... but quickly got bored of switching it manually

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/114168913096

• Haha
Reactions: Lex