Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does the Calais have Puddle Lamps

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Ok you have a calais V, the puddle lamps only come on while stationary and the mylink will dim if the headlights come on. Most cars do that as well although I have travelled in an older RAV4 which did not and it is most disconcerting to have this bright screen on while you are driving.

ozzymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV
Ok you have a calais V, the puddle lamps only come on while stationary and the mylink will dim if the headlights come on. Most cars do that as well although I have travelled in an older RAV4 which did not and it is most disconcerting to have this bright screen on while you are driving.

Thanks for such inciteful info....much appreciated.:beer chug:

It would be rather strange if the PLs came on while driving though.....

As for the screen dimming, its meant to dim at night when you use your lights, mine was dimming through the day just driving along the road, and yes I imagine the lights were probably coming on to.

Thus the reason I made the hole bigger around the sensor which has stopped the lights coming on and the screen dimming for no reason.

cheers

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
The puddle lamps will only turn on when unlocking the car and the headlights are set to auto and they have come on when unlocking.

ozzymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV
Pardon the interruption here/hear/hair but what are puddle lights?

Lights under the mirrors that are meant to light up when you exit the vehicle, I guess as the name suggests so you dont stand in a puddle....:hiding:

Shauno-81

Reaction score
Members Ride
6.0L VE Calais-V.
They'll only work if you go into your options on your dash and turn them on. The previous owner of mine disabled them and It took me a bit to turn them on, I have mine off now but have made sure they worked previously

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
To the OP, I know what the cause of all your problems is. You have a dash mat!!! :eek:

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
So the puddle lamps are in the mirrors, not the doors?

Anyone got a pic?

Yes. Or what's the point if you're approaching the car?

You can make it out in this pic.

Holden-VF-Calais-V-08.jpg.pagespeed.ce.kgooTPj4g0.jpg