Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does the Calais have Puddle Lamps

ozzymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV
Be even cooler if I could work out why mine wont work.....

oid_mate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
They will turn on with a key fob unlock, not pressing the button on the door. And only when the headlights come on i.e dark and on auto (I think they can't not be on auto).

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
There, there all. Maybe they need a puddle to work? They're probably that intuitive, like most things VF they're in a league of their own :)
I get the key fob theory. But why wouldn't they illuminate on egress i.e. when the doors are opened at night? There's nothing worse than stepping out of the car into a puddle. Hey ladies?

Op - Have another look in the manual? Surely a combination of activating them in the options menu and unlocking the car door at night with the key fob?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
There, there all. Maybe they need a puddle to work? They're probably that intuitive, like most things VF they're in a league of their own :)
I get the key fob theory. But why wouldn't they illuminate on egress i.e. when the doors are opened at night? There's nothing worse than stepping out of the car into a puddle. Hey ladies?

They will turn on with a key fob unlock, not pressing the button on the door. And only when the headlights come on i.e dark and on auto (I think they can't not be on auto).

sounds like it's approach only, not when exiting the car, as oid_mate and others have mentioned.. so U don't step into the puddle before getting into the car.

Doesn't make sense having the light on the outside of the door when exiting.

ozzymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV

Op - Have another look in the manual? Surely a combination of activating them in the options menu and unlocking the car door at night with the key fob?

Hi,
I have read the manual back to front and I cant find any mention of them, so if one of the brains on this forum who seem to like picking on english words etc want to point me to a page where they are mentioned that would be appreciated.

But I will try opening with the key fob.

Thanks for the helpful advice from some forum members.

I think as someone mentioned in another post some members need to find something better to do other than looking for spelling mistakes.

cheers

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
You have said you have a VF Calais V. If this is the case your car definitely has puddle lamps and they should definitely work automatically.

If it's dark, your headlights are set to auto, your car is parked and locked and you're standing next to it. What happens when you unlock it? Do the headlights, tail lights and interior lights come on? If so, the puddle lights should come on at the same time. If they don't then it's almost certainly a fault. They may not be connected or they may be malfunctioning. Hell, the globes could be missing or you could just be unlucky and have two failed globes already. Have you popped the covers off and checked the globes?

When you're in your car are all other functions of the mirrors working? I.e. you can electrically adjust them, the blind spot warning light comes on, the demist function works and when you select reverse the left mirror dips...

The only other thing I could suggest is that the puddle lamps are part of the egress/welcome lighting function that you can set in the trip computer. You can turn it on/off and set the timer delay for the lights to go off automatically. Have you checked this?

Regardless of whatever the manual does or doesn't say, this isn't rocket science. And despite what you or anyone else thinks, communicating in accurate English makes things a whole lot easier for all involved.

I hope this helps. If not, there's nothing more you can achieve here regarding this issue.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Sorry man just having a bit of fun. I think Rajesh is correct. If they're not coming on then it's a fault.

ozzymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV
Thanks for the replies...
It seems the HELPFUL advice from OLD-Mate was on the ball.

The only time they work is if u UNLOCK the car with the key fob.

One would think there would be some mention of it in the manual....

Oh well at least they do work, but they would be handy too if they came on when exiting just to give a bit more light when leaving the car.

Thanks again.

ON another subject, how much wind noise are owners experiencing if they have a dodgy door rubber?

( no spelling mistakes ?) :thumbsup:

J

Jingle Bells

What in the hell is key FOB.....is it F**K off B*****D ?????????????....according to the English Dictionary...FOB is "a little pocket for a watch "....cannot see how a key relates to being a " little pocket "....come on fella's lets use some Aussie Words.....Ok You can say " Fob Watch ".....but please get your words the right way round and say " Fob Key "

Last edited by a moderator: