Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does the GENUINE HSV VE GTS FRONT BAR is a Direct Fit to VE Omega?

heloanand

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Omega
Hi,
Anyone knows GENUINE HSV VE GTS FRONT BAR is a direct fit to VE Omega? without changing drive lights or bonnets?? or what else I need to change in order to fit this into an Omega, pic attached GENUINE HSV VE GTS FRONT BAR.jpg

wake jake

Reaction score
Members Ride
SIDI SV6 Ute
Im pretty sure only an E1 front bar would fit and the E2 used the leftover GXP bonnets and Id assume an E3 bar wouldnt fit either. Im sure someone could confirm this

heloanand

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Omega
E3 will fit aswell. But need to to bar and bonnet like E2.
?
Can I just replace the Bar now and leave the bonnet for later, till I can't find a second hand one? My question is does it will go with the normal VE omega bonnet? without changing bonnet and headlight. I am not looking an exact front conversion at the moment, will do bit by bit.
And can you tell me from where did you buy the E2 front bar, Bonnet, day light strips, Vessels,Fog lights etc and how much does each one cost you?? fiber or plastic?
thanks

By the was your car looks awesome mate..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZreOKya9ls&feature=related

wake jake

Reaction score
Members Ride
SIDI SV6 Ute
you'll have to do the bonnet at the same time as the bonnet and bumper are a pair. they are pretty hard to find on ebay. but I know theres a place on ebay that has all genuine HSV parts. Can't buy them from HSV unless you have a VIN number

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
They are actually really easy to find. There are so many bonnets forsale its not funny.

As I said in my first post you cant just do the bar as it sticks out further than the standard one. Your origional bonnet will be short and the bonnet latch wont even be close.
You can use your standard lights, there is no difference in shape.

I got my bonnet from Holmart http://http://holmart.com.au/online/prod2027.htm
I got the E2 bar from an Ebay seller. He is still selling them.
I got my panel beater to buy all the lights and grills.

I would never use fibreglass. It is rubbish and you will regreat it!

heloanand

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Omega
They are actually really easy to find. There are so many bonnets forsale its not funny.

I got my bonnet from Holmart http://http://holmart.com.au/online/prod2027.htm
I got the E2 bar from an Ebay seller. He is still selling them.
I got my panel beater to buy all the lights and grills.
Thanks a lot for the Bonnet link, Do you have links for that Ebay seller for the E2 Bar, and how much your panel beater charged you for the lights and grills? Also a rough idea of the paint work cost please.

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
Thanks a lot for the Bonnet link, Do you have links for that Ebay seller for the E2 Bar, and how much your panel beater charged you for the lights and grills? Also a rough idea of the paint work cost please.

HSV E2 as a search in Ebay came up with

VE COMMODORE HSV E2 FRONT BUMPER (eBay item 180610455034 end time 16-Jan-11 18:44:19 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats
HSV

Complete front end below,

GENUINE HSV E2 COMPLETE FRONT END. (eBay item 220722060187 end time 19-Jan-11 04:26:18 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

Lights grills and brackets were not cheap at around $1900. The LED DRL are around $500each
Painting and fitting was around $1600

heloanand

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Omega
Thanks a mate, thats a lots of money in one go (especially for the lights and grills), probably will go for a E1 conversion, that seems to be a lot cheaper as it does not need to change the bonnet also no LED DRL's, even the front Bar is only half price and if I need I can go for the DRL head lights or the LED strips, strips seems to be the cheapest way. I just want to know how much it gonna cost for the grills, bezels and the lights for the E1 Front Bar.
Any Ideas from where your panel beater got it? Will give a call to SSV tomorrow regarding the grills and lights, they might have it for sale as there E1 Fiber conversion kit comes with these grills and lights

LED DAYTIME RUNNING LAMPS DRL FOR VE HSV E1 GTS PAIR (eBay item 170581143014 end time 18-Jan-11 11:07:24 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats
LED PARKER LAMPS DRL FOR VE HSV E1 GTS PAIR (eBay item 350423938860 end time 18-Jan-11 11:08:37 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats
Holden HSV Commodore VE E2 SS GTS R8 SV6 DRL Headlights (eBay item 160506825522 end time 13-Feb-11 22:36:02 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
My panel beater got them from HSV direct.

Yep E1 conversion much cheaper. There was a bloke selling a spotlight kit for the E1 bar for $240 or so. It gave you all 4 lights. It was on ebay and he was selling heaps of them.

SSV grill kit would be different to the HSV one I think. Keep an eye out as I have seen heaps of HSV E1 bars for sale with grills and lights, everything you need.