Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does the SPD light up ?

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
Is the SPD light on the VS berlina dash actually supposed to light up when the speed alert goes off ?
I took dash out today and to my suprise there was no light behind the SPD symbol.
Unfortunatley while the dash was out i turned the key and now my bloody Air bag light stays on but i have to get the car serviced this week so i will just get my mechanic to fix it.

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
It should, possibly a dodgy loom was malfunctioning so the previous owner removed the globe so that it wouldn't play up on the new owner...
Stuff like that is done all the time where I used to work :)

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
Sorry i should have beeen more specific there is no hole for the globe so it cant light up at all.
Is there ment to be a hole there cause i cant imagine why i can see the symbol if it is not meant to light up.
Unless it is for another function only avalible on the calais but i dont know what SPD could stand for unless its the speed alert and mine is working.

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
the SPD should light up when alert goes off, when i had mine set to a speed, it would start beeping and the light would come on , then i got annoyed and set to 200km/h, doubt ill ever go that fast,lol, i did same thing as u thing, turned the ignition on while i had the dash out fixing sum blubls last w/e, have to get mine reset too by my mech,lol

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
Jamie_87 said:
the SPD should light up when alert goes off, when i had mine set to a speed, it would start beeping and the light would come on , then i got annoyed and set to 200km/h, doubt ill ever go that fast,lol, i did same thing as u thing, turned the ignition on while i had the dash out fixing sum blubls last w/e, have to get mine reset too by my mech,lol
You know you can just turn it off lol.
Maybe it just lights up on the calais not the berlina cause i get the beeps but it obviously cant light up without a globe.
I will check to see if my bros works (vr berlina) if so mines jus weird neways thanks guys

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
lol yeh i no u can turn it off, it just 200km/h looks good on the dash:D

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
Yeah as far as I know the SPD symbol is meant to light up when you go over the preset speed showing in the dash. A warning chime also comes on with the light illuminating, thats what happens in my VS Berlina anyway.

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
ive got a vs berlina and the light is there for me, maybe your dash part where the globes are in have been replaced with a model other than berlina so the hole is plugged up. Yeh ive just got some dials that ive put in, turned the key without putting it all back to together now gotta go get the damn airbag codes cleared :( i hate it

TI0350

Reaction score
Website
www.kts350.com.au
Members Ride
White S2 LX Captiva Diesel
my vs exec has a little orange light that come on when I hit the speed set, but now I've got it set on the speedo instead..

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
TI0350 said:
my vs exec has a little orange light that come on when I hit the speed set, but now I've got it set on the speedo instead..

hear hear ^_^ digital readout ftw!