Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

does the vz have a standard mp3 player?

~shellee~

Reaction score
undefinedI was just wondering if the vz commodore has an mp3 player as standard ...and if so does it look the same as the standard double din cd player as in the vy.....i was hoping that maybe if the vz had the mp3 could it be ordered to be put into my vy..as im not too keen on changing me dash with a standard size mp3 player.

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
Why dont you just buy an aftermarket double din MP3 player? They are generally a bit more expensive than the single dins, but no doubt less than any MP3 player I can imagine bought through Holden spares.

Or you could get a single din head unit with a blank spacer. There is really no question of changing your dash, and these are all pretty common items. Go check out a JB Hifi.

mixin

Ol' fart, young heart!
Reaction score
I think that's a pretty fair question, and I would like to know the answer too, as I'm due for a new CC early next year & it looks like a VZ wagon is on the cards.

~shellee~

Reaction score
well if i buy the aftermarket double din to go into my car, im gunna lose the controls on me steering wheel...i thought that maybe putting the vz player in would be easier and money is no option..i just didnt wanna change the look of me dash

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
I'm not sure about the other models, but we have a VZ Acclaim, and it has the same Blaupunkt Single Disc CD Player as the VY Acclaim did.

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
hmmmm thats a good question but no they dont have mp3 players in em but they should keep the decks "up" wit the technology, some other newer cars have mp3 as standard

~shellee~

Reaction score
yea my hubbys holden rodeo has the mp3 and its the 2003 model like my vy....how slack! grrrrrrrrrr