Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does this sound like an okay deal?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
There's low Km's bargains out there, just gotta be patient and keep looking. before i bought my current car,I missed out on an XE, one owner, factory manual with LSD, in white, less than 100, 000 on it, and just absolutely immaculate. I rang the guy the day the add was posted, but it was already gone...he was asking i think $1500 for it, apparently some guy showed up not long after putting the add up....Fark i would have turned that thing into a weapon!!!!

spd_dmn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Exec, 5.0L BT1
Not 100%, but my guess was it is something to do with the factory dual fuel.

tully2007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive Wagon Manual
Check with the Department of fair Trading, if the cars is more than "10 years" old or has more than "160,000 Kms" there is NO warranty! So make sure that all the things are fix before you part with the money.

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
In the last pic what is the big circle thing in the intake piping just before the throttle body?

sorry to barge in just never seen it before im a bit curious :p

turbo ^^ an intake turbo thats right ^^

crazy.vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
I think it's a gas mixer.

I wouldn't pay that. I'd look at a VT with lower K's for that.

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
your getting raped. Dont pay that price

spd_dmn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Exec, 5.0L BT1
Could you guys maybe gimme the details for a VS with less kays, good paint, no rust, preferably with dual fuel, clean interior RWC and 12mth reg fro less then $5k in the Victoria eastern and/or metro area. Or at least an idea of where to look? Instead of just telling me I'm getting ripped off, because that's not helping.

Basically where I've looked is the usual used car websites, ie. carsales, carpoint, drive, and the trading post. Been to a couple yards. And this is the best we've found.

I'm not trying to be rude or nethin, but I can't find any of these low k bargains anywhere. And would really appreciate any info on something better alot more then just telling me I'm getting ripped off or paying too much.

Thanks.

Last edited:

crazy.vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
Yeah avoid the car yards. Go private and save 2 grand. Even pay 100 bucks to a mechanic to come out and look it over. Small investment on the liability lol.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Could you guys maybe gimme the details for a VS with less kays, good paint, no rust, preferably with dual fuel, clean interior RWC and 12mth reg fro less then $5k in the Victoria eastern and/or metro area. Or at least an idea of where to look? Instead of just telling me I'm getting ripped off, because that's not helping.

Basically where I've looked is the usual used car websites, ie. carsales, carpoint, drive, and the trading post. Been to a couple yards. And this is the best we've found.

I'm not trying to be rude or nethin, but I can't find any of these low k bargains anywhere. And would really appreciate any info on something better alot more then just telling me I'm getting ripped off or paying too much.

Thanks.

Go with your feelings spd_dmn ....if you feel good about the car then it's the car for your dad. There will always be someone who knows of a better deal, bought cheaper etc etc but apples ain't always apples.
I usually look at 2 or 3 cars ...sometimes it's the first one - if it feels right I'll go for it.
You've done very thorough research and arrived at what you reckon is the best car so you've got my vote.:thumbsup:

jamaar4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Being a black vs that probally adds about 1k there so rare but nice car.