Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

doesnt make sense noise limits

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Your kidding right? Why should i be blamed for someones choice to have kids, or for them being light sleepers?

The sooner people in this country just worry about themselves, the better of this nation will be!

You're kidding right?
Maybe I should just stab you and take your car and wallet, because it benefits me and I couldn't give a crap about you. Why should I be blamed for your choice to walk down the wrong alley, or for you not wearing a stab-vest

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
You're kidding right?
Maybe I should just stab you and take your car and wallet, because it benefits me and I couldn't give a crap about you. Why should I be blamed for your choice to walk down the wrong alley, or for you not wearing a stab-vest
Wow, thats the country we live in. Stabbing someone and stealing their wallet is on par with a loud exhaust!

Maybe i should move to America, oh wait, i'm already there!

Moot point tho, i don't put myself in situations down dark alleys (where you'd frequent!)
Cheers for the new sig quote tho ;)

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Wow, thats the country we live in. Stabbing someone and stealing their wallet is on par with a loud exhaust!

Maybe i should move to America, oh wait, i'm already there!

Moot point tho, i don't put myself in situations down dark alleys (where you'd frequent!)
Cheers for the new sig quote tho ;)

My comment was in reference to you saying that we should all just worry about ourselves, but feel free to take it in whatever way works best for you.
If you think the country would be better off if we were all as blatently selfish as you, then you have already done us all a favour by leaving

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
My comment was in reference to you saying that we should all just worry about ourselves, but feel free to take it in whatever way works best for you.
If you think the country would be better off if we were all as blatently selfish as you, then you have already done us all a favour by leaving

I havn't left, America is almost like Australia.

People should worry about themselves, stabbing someone is obviously bringing someone else into the situation ;)

How is me wanting an exhaust anymore selfish than said breeders not wanting me to have it? Its exactly the same, except one is taking away freedom! If they want sleep, move to the country, live in the city (as i do) put up with the noise ;)

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
I havn't left, America is almost like Australia.

People should worry about themselves, stabbing someone is obviously bringing someone else into the situation ;)

How is me wanting an exhaust anymore selfish than said breeders not wanting me to have it? Its exactly the same, except one is taking away freedom! If they want sleep, move to the country, live in the city (as i do) put up with the noise ;)

So you would say the same for late night parties, power tools etc?
The issue I have isn't with taking away the freedom to do something, it is with the people who lack the common courtesy to respect other peoples wishes.

But this is all way off topic, so this is my last response.

To the OP, it seems like you have been legitimatly (sp?) done for being too loud. Seems like most people tend to whack a standard exhaust on, get it cleared, stick the loud one back on, and get done again later on.
It wouldn't hurt to find one that you still like (loud, good note etc), but comes in under the legal limit. 90dB (or whatever it is) should be plenty loud enough

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
So you would say the same for late night parties, power tools etc?
The issue I have isn't with taking away the freedom to do something, it is with the people who lack the common courtesy to respect other peoples wishes.

I'm glad we agree. They should have the common courtesy to respect my wishes to have a loud exhaust!;)

While were on noise, the law is no excessive noise before 10am (talking on a premises, not driving). I work nights. 10am is when i sleep. Should i get the laws changed so theres no noise allowed at these times? And whip out the the grinder for what is my prime time at 4am waking the neighbourhood?

Holdens Rule

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
Stealthy sometimes you say the most pathetic things, so we are to blame for having kids? Well if people didn't then you wouldn't be here to complain about your exhaust not being loud enough. How would you like it if your neighbour decided to start the lawn mower every night at 2 in the morning while your trying to catch up on sleep you have missed out on. Why can't he? is this the world we live in when a man cant use his lawn mower at 2 in the morning? What kind of world is this?

But seriously you know the law whether you agree with it or not, you break it then don't go crying about it. Remember there is more people than just you in this world and if we all had your attitude of doing what we want when we'd want to then what do you think the outcome would be?

Might start taking your advice thou. If your in my way when I'm driving to work in the mornings I'll just ram you out the way alright. Gonna start thinking about myself from now on!!!

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Stealthy sometimes you say the most pathetic things, so we are to blame for having kids? Well if people didn't then you wouldn't be here to complain about your exhaust not being loud enough. How would you like it if your neighbour decided to start the lawn mower every night at 2 in the morning while your trying to catch up on sleep you have missed out on. Why can't he? is this the world we live in when a man cant use his lawn mower at 2 in the morning? What kind of world is this?

But seriously you know the law whether you agree with it or not, you break it then don't go crying about it. Remember there is more people than just you in this world and if we all had your attitude of doing what we want when we'd want to then what do you think the outcome would be?

Might start taking your advice thou. If your in my way when I'm driving to work in the mornings I'll just ram you out the way alright. Gonna start thinking about myself from now on!!!

Yes your to blame! I didn't **** your wife and get her pregnant! Your just like the people who buy a house on a main road, then complain about the traffic driving past. If you don't like noise, move somewhere else, or dont have kids so you can get a pleasant nights sleep.

Just like dip**** up there, you've resorted to being a criminal to get what you want. Do you ram harleys off the road because their loud? Didn't think so. Stop posting **** to cause an argument that doesn't exist.

No, your friend can't start his lawnmower up at 2am, and personally i couldn't give a rats arse, i'd be at work ;) There is laws for that, and thats what the majority of people have as their sleep time. I've chosen to work nights, so i have to deal with the noise other people make. Just as if you CHOOSE to have kids, you have to deal with sleepless nights. Blaming a car is hardly warranted ;)

My neighbours dog barks seems to bark at even the slightest movement, it doesn't effect me, but i'm sure the other neighbours do care.

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
hmm wayyyy off topic.......