Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dog restraintment

Jack Hutton

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE SV6
I've got a Holden SV6 ute and was wanting to restrain my dog (a large lab) in the tray. Anyone got any good ideas?

Jack Hutton

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE SV6
Didn’t really want to put a cage in, just wanted to connect him to something

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
In the back of the wagon I used a seat belt clicker, and a seat belt harness from ebay. Worked in the back seat of sedan, and works in the back of wagon, could try attaching a clicker to the tray somewhere?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah a dog harness clipped to a short lead into a buckle on the middle of the tray up near the front would be my suggestion. Keep the lead short or Old Mate could jump out and potentially hang himself or though less likely with a dog harness. if you have a way of mounting the short strap clicker off a seat belt even better because a lot of harness' now have the seat belt buckle on them.

Ccoastcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 redline, Ve ssv
IMG_0160.JPG
IMG_0159.JPG
IMG_0160.JPG
I use a child seat extension strap in my vs ute. It bolts to the child seat anchor point located in the centre of the parcel shelf. Then it's simply clicking it to his harness to keep him in the tray