Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Doh....now i'm really confused

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Hi all
Been doing the rounds getting prices for a camber kit for my VX series 1,I don't intent lowering it ( it already has FE2 suspension ) It doesn't look too bad but the inside but it has started the mandatory scrubbing out after 2500 kays ,Thought this would be straight forward but the more I looked into it the more confusing it got . :bang:
First I was quoted $400 for a four bush kit installed with 4 wheel, wheel alignment Then Pedder quoted $395 for the same but with only the 2 inner bushes .When I asked about the price for the 4 bush set-up they refused to do it as it tends to pull the axels out too far and it stuffs up the bearings in the diff because there is no end float , or something like that then I was told that it is mainly the toe in / out that tends to scrub the tyres out rather than the camber. Now I'm really confused.
I was hoping to get some feedback from guys /gals that have had either of these kits fitted and if they have encountered any problems I.e diff/ bearing probs.
Cheers thanks heaps Dayvo

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
For FE2 you only need 1 kit, $90 form autobarn.

any good tire place will fit with will alignment.
Cost me $25 to fit 2 sets coz i stayed to help out

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Partners VX SS did same thing, hers started scrubbing out after 25000...we usually change tyres at 20000 so never nticed it, took the car to holden, toe and camber kit fitted for $400.

Reaction score
Website
members.dodo.net.au
Members Ride
VT 'S' Supercharged V6
FE2 will still benefit from a FULL 4 point bush kit. On FE2 with a FULL camber/toe kit (or 4 bush kit as its also known) the diff bearing problem isnt an issue. If the guys doing the wheel alignment know their stuff they should adjust the axle end float so it still has a minimum of 1-1.5mm of end float (each side) and you should have no problems. I have Superlow with a FULL kit and the end float becomes a problem that must be setup properly. I had the same FULL kit with FE2 for 6 months and there was no problems and the scrubbing was very minimal and diff problems non existant. Just get them to set up the endfloat CORRECTLY!!! If they only telling you a 2 bush kit is required they just being lazy as the FULL kit takes a bit more time and sweat to complete but is by far the best way to do it ;)

Another tip is to have a full tank of fuel when you have it aligned as its more of an average suspension setting and simulates having a couple of passengers etc or a bootload of luggage etc.