Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Doing Manual Conversion on VP Series II v6, Wiring Question (need quick replies)

xtreme_sony

MY VP IS NOW A MANUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Series 2, 3.8L Executive
Hi everyone, hopefully some one can help me out. Im in the process of converting My Series 2 v6 VP to a manual, and i was wondering if i need any new wiring. I know that it's B**ls**t that you have to put a big massive wiring loom in cause its mostly the same as the auto. I just need to know if i need any wiring or if i can get a way with the auto wiring ?. Hopefully someone can help, CHEERS. :bow:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
The automatic harnes unplugs and the manual one plugs in just next to the shifter hole. It removes the neutral lock out and has a different speed sensor plug (from memory). The whole thing is quite small.

Reaper

xtreme_sony

MY VP IS NOW A MANUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers, BUT, am i able to somehow work around that

The automatic harnes unplugs and the manual one plugs in just next to the shifter hole. It removes the neutral lock out and has a different speed sensor plug (from memory). The whole thing is quite small.

Reaper

Yer thanks mate, but am i able to work around that, as its proving hard to find the wiring for a manual, i found 1 on ebay but it just cranked the $120 mark, So if ya know of a way could you please shed some light on it. Cheers mate.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
What on earth do you need a loom for? Short the nuteral safety switch, and run two wires from the reverse relay onto the box. Done :)

xtreme_sony

MY VP IS NOW A MANUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok, Now we're Talking, Are you able to give me a full detail explanation

What on earth do you need a loom for? Short the nuteral safety switch, and run two wires from the reverse relay onto the box. Done :)

Sweet as, i like this now were gettin some where, so could ya just tell me how to do that and plus what about my speed sensor. Whats the go with that, so yer, if ya can just clear that up it would be greatly appreciated. :) :bow:

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Speed sensor just plugs into the one on your manual box.

Then flick open to your best wiring diagram, and find the +ve and -ve feed to the reverse lights (should be running into your inhibitor switch), and run those onto your reverse switch on the manual box (two metal plugs)

Then find two more wires from the inhibitor switch (nuteral safety - consult wiring diagram), and short them permanently.

xtreme_sony

MY VP IS NOW A MANUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers Mate, Just another quick one

Speed sensor just plugs into the one on your manual box.

Then flick open to your best wiring diagram, and find the +ve and -ve feed to the reverse lights (should be running into your inhibitor switch), and run those onto your reverse switch on the manual box (two metal plugs)

Then find two more wires from the inhibitor switch (nuteral safety - consult wiring diagram), and short them permanently.

When you say, "Short them permantly", is that just join them together by cutting them, soldering together ?. is that right ?.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Pretty much. :)

xtreme_sony

MY VP IS NOW A MANUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
cheers mate. Gald we cleared that up, save me $120

Pretty much. :)

Cheers Morton. Champion. You dont mind if i email you if i have any other hassels do ya ?.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Just post it on the forum, so if I'm asleep someone else can answer :)

1) I never check my emails
2) I'm only online once a day nowdays :p