Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Doing Manual Conversion On VP V6, Exhaust Question

xtreme_sony

MY VP IS NOW A MANUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Series 2, 3.8L Executive
G'day everyone, i'm starting my manual conversion on Friday, i have heard that some Y-pieces of extractors are different from Auto to manual. I have WildCat Headers (WILD 32) they have a y-piece that goes eigther side of the Gearbox and the right pipe goes behind the gearbox to join up with the other. Does anyone know if this shall fit around the Manual ok or will i need to modify it somehow ?. Cheers :bow:

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
G'day everyone, i'm starting my manual conversion on Friday, i have heard that some Y-pieces of extractors are different from Auto to manual. I have WildCat Headers (WILD 32) they have a y-piece that goes eigther side of the Gearbox and the right pipe goes behind the gearbox to join up with the other. Does anyone know if this shall fit around the Manual ok or will i need to modify it somehow ?. Cheers :bow:

I have used the stock auto y-piece before with no worries, I dont know about the WildCat headers though. If its the same as the stock auto pipe it should be fine.

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
+1 for stock auto y-piece fitting. I can fit my fingers between the pipe and bellhousing. But if worse comes to worst just get that section squashed a tiny bit.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The Y pipe is the same. It is the RH header that is different between auto and manual. Some will fit, some won't. Going from auto to manual, I think you will have a better chance of them fitting than going from manual to auto. The problem is the fit around the bell housing.