Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Don't buy NGK sparkplugs

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Well I use bosch super 4's at the moment, but NGK have always been fine. Was your car built on a monday?

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
+ 1 for using NGK. Bosch are crap IMO.

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
I went and bought NGK plugs last night just because of this thread. Car runs like a dream and feels new again. The old ones were definately past the use-by-date.

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VN Commodore
Damn, auto barn told me i was the only one in the stores history with this problem. I serviced a mates vs commodore and put in NGK plugs and had the exact same problem, we tested all of them and found it was 1 plug out of the 6 that was messing up the engine. Visualy all was ok no cracks, gaps where right but 1 plug was just a piece of ****. Im never buying NGK again, Champion seem to go well.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Damn, auto barn told me i was the only one in the stores history with this problem. I serviced a mates vs commodore and put in NGK plugs and had the exact same problem, we tested all of them and found it was 1 plug out of the 6 that was messing up the engine. Visualy all was ok no cracks, gaps where right but 1 plug was just a piece of ****. Im never buying NGK again, Champion seem to go well.

Did autobarn replace the item for you?

so you got a bad plug.. it happens with everything in life. Autobarn even said that in the stores history, they've had one fail, i'd say that says enough about them.

I've had em in my car for years, Dads run them in his mildy worked XW never failed. im a happy NKG user

stroked

Reaction score
Members Ride
my baby
I use NGK and wouldn't change off of them. I've had the Bosch plugs stuff me around but never a NGK plug. You must of just been unlucky.

I also have had Bosch stuff me around, particularly on vl's, but never an NGK. Bad luck mate.

Fizzman

Fizzman
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute series III 1999 v6
i just put them in my vs and i have lpg impco system starts first time there amazing

Mayhem05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Aero / Liberty RS Turbo / VL Turbo
never had problems with ngk either

redrags

Reaction score
Members Ride
walking
if you freeze your spark plugs it will fix them

vk.jonno

:):):)