Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Don't buy NGK sparkplugs

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I vote for one of the plugs cracking while being installed

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
+1 for Foamies idea.

Umm what does freezing them do?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
hey guys just wanted to put a warning out there. bought some ngk spark plugs the other day just doing the change over. at first all was sweet after a little while the engine started misfiring and got progressively worse. taking the sparks out, gapping them and checking all make a spark couldnt pin the problem. bought a new set same problem but felt a bit different (did it at different times as the other ones). thought i damaged the leads so replaced leads to no array. bought some DENSO plugs works without fail. read on the net and i'm not the only one with thi problem on the vr/vs. so when buying plugs either spend the extra money or get the gm holden ones whatever you do dont get NGK.:blah blah::blah blah::blah blah:

As with others here I have run NGK with only 1 failure in 15+ years. That failure was a very small crack which truth be known I might have done in removing the plug socket after installing it. It's surprisingly easy to do - seen it done plenty of times yet the person who installed it rarely if ever admits that it may have been their mistake. Sometimes it's very difficult to detect the crack too.

On the other hand you might have just got a dud plug - after manufacturing millions of the buggers I'm sure there are the odd 1 or two that are no good. Not really grounds to write off the whole brand methinks.

Reaper

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I ate a burger at Mcdonalds once and it didn't look like the burger in the picture, no one ever go there again, faulty manufacturing.

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
well i work at maccas :p
and it is verry hard to make them look like that.
but i tell u what,
eat half the burger, take stuff out or it and be like wtf.
they gota make u a new one :)

VNracer34G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Production Saloon, 07Omega ex Cop car, 03 TF V6
those burgers never really look like the burgers in the pics. False advertising?

and then theres pushup bras- now thats what i call false advertising :rofl2: but we're getting off topic methinks

VNracer34G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Production Saloon, 07Omega ex Cop car, 03 TF V6
I vote for one of the plugs cracking while being installed

agreed, cracked a couple in the past and learnt to keep the socket square to the plug, quality tools and good technique, some V8's with headers can be a prick though.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
:axe:Just use NGK carefully. Should be the end of this thread IMO. There have been soooo many threads on spark plugs, it's really not funny anymore!