Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Don't buy NGK sparkplugs

dlaponin

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina series 2
hey guys just wanted to put a warning out there. bought some ngk spark plugs the other day just doing the change over. at first all was sweet after a little while the engine started misfiring and got progressively worse. taking the sparks out, gapping them and checking all make a spark couldnt pin the problem. bought a new set same problem but felt a bit different (did it at different times as the other ones). thought i damaged the leads so replaced leads to no array. bought some DENSO plugs works without fail. read on the net and i'm not the only one with thi problem on the vr/vs. so when buying plugs either spend the extra money or get the gm holden ones whatever you do dont get NGK.:blah blah::blah blah::blah blah:

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
never had a problem with NGK plugs in 22 years in the trade and i would recommend NGK over most other brands , each to their own i guess ???

dlaponin

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina series 2
yeah i guess so. i too have always held NGK in general in fairly high regard, just what happened though

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Used NGK for years without a problem.

Got any links to others with the same problems as yours that you mentioned ??

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
Have never used anything other then NGK, i think you just had a bit of bad luck, probably no needs to starting dissing em though.

westbad

Reaction score
Members Ride
is your car on gas by any chance? ive never had any trouble with NGK

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
always used NGK with mod gap and no resistor for gas conversions over the years in many conversions without hassle .

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
Random guy on the internet saying ngk are **** = 1

Amount of times I(and most people i know) have done a service and changed the plugs with ngk and the car was fine = HEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPS!

Sorry I'll continue to buy ngk

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
hey guys just wanted to put a warning out there. bought some ngk spark plugs the other day just doing the change over. at first all was sweet after a little while the engine started misfiring and got progressively worse. taking the sparks out, gapping them and checking all make a spark couldnt pin the problem. bought a new set same problem but felt a bit different (did it at different times as the other ones). thought i damaged the leads so replaced leads to no array. bought some DENSO plugs works without fail. read on the net and i'm not the only one with thi problem on the vr/vs. so when buying plugs either spend the extra money or get the gm holden ones whatever you do dont get NGK.:blah blah::blah blah::blah blah:

Thanks for the advise.

Next time someone asks if they should use these plugs i'll tell them that i heard that a guy on the internet told me that they were bad :idea3:

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
probably forgot to put the lead back on the plugs and wondered why it was misfiring.