Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dont have deadlock?

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
1991 VN 'S', 1997 Ford Laser 1.6
i thought vn's had the deadlock thing on the locks,, + ive read threads about people who have it..

Mine doesnt? i use the master key and i can only lock it normally. I cant turn it any further anticlockwise, but can still unlock the car from inside. (had the window down while doing this)

???????????

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
My 91 vn exec i got for my project dont even have central locking.. Either that or its f**ked.. Still cant complain tho after all it gets sideways nice, holds a sweet line an lights the tyres easy as pie....
Do all vns have central locking?

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
Not tryin to hijack the thread btw mate :D just figured anyone that knows ur answer will know mine..
Sorry if this is a no no

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
i think vq/vp maybe was the first to have the deadlock feature and no,your vn exec wont have any central locking unless its been put in aftermarket.vn calais would have it,maybe also berlina

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
VN Calais' was the first from the factory to have the deadlock function.

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
1991 VN 'S', 1997 Ford Laser 1.6
dammit!

OCRd from the bible:

DOOR LOCKS
2-5
Electric (if fitted)
The orange section of interior door locks is provided as an "unlock" reminder. Doors are locked when the lock knob is down and the orange section no longer visible.
All passenger doors may be unlocked or locked individually. However, when the DRIVER'S lock knob is operated all the doors will simultaneously lock or unlock. The front, passenger lock knob also unlocks all doors when pulled up.
Each passenger door may be locked behind you by depressing the lock knob when the door is open then shutting the door firmly. It is not necessary to hold the handle up when shutting. The driver's lock knob, However, cannot be depressed when the door is open, thus preventing the driver from inadvertently being locked out.
All doors can be locked from outside the car with either the master or service key. Turn the key towards the rear of the car to lock, towards the front of the car to unlock.
LOCKING THE DRIVER'S DOOR WITH A KEY NOT ONLY LOCKS ALL THE DOORS BUT ALLOWS SETTING THE 'DEAD¬LOCK'' PROTECTION. THIS IS SET BY TURNING THE KEY AN ADDITIONAL 60 DEGREES IN THE LOCK BARREL (TOWARDS THE REAR OF THE CAR). THIS ELECTRONICALLY JAMS ALL THE ELECTRIC LOCK MECHANISMS SO THAT NO DOOR CAN BE OPENED - EVEN IF ENTRY IS GAINED BY BREAKING GLASS.

CAUTION: Do not use dead-lock if there are people in the car. The doors cannot be unlocked from Inside.

However, i caN push the drivers lock knob down behind me when shutting the door. we always have done. as a consequence i locked my keys in it leaving me stuck at roseworthy once.
And there is a separate wire and fuse coming off the positive on the battery that runs through the clutch cable grommet which powers the central locking...
So does that sound like an aftermarket Job to you??

oh and how hard would it be to install a car alarm? i want one. this VN is in pretty good condition and has been looked after all its life. I want to keep it this way.
thanks for ya input guys

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
sounds aftermarket if its got a seperate wire running through the clutch cable grommit. if it was factory it would be bunched with the rest of them