Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

don't know what to call this-

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
okay so i finally finished installing everything yesterday, it all ran fine yesterday and last night. Went out this morning, and when i got in and turned the stereo on, the music would play for like 2 seconds, then stop for a second, then start again. So i turned it off, and there is a noise coming through all the speakers every couple of seconds or so, just a faint noise. Once the engine had warmed up, it was all fine and went back to normal..:bang:

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Im thinking it could have something to do with the RCA's and Battery wiring running together down the same side, i'll swap em round and see if it makes any difference.:wax:

Mike S

Car Audio Pro
Reaction score
Sounds like an earthing or power supply porblem to me. Have a look at your power cable fuse, it's interesting that it came good when the engine warmed up, might indicate a poor connection at the fuse. (which will be close to the battery, won't it?, I hope so.)

I always try to keep power and RCA cables as far away from each other as possible but in my experience it hasnt made fark all difference to the way it sounds, even if they run together the whole length of the car.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
yeah i've done a fair few install in the past, and i've always ran all the wires down the same side, for simplicity if not i'm lazy!! And yeah never a problem, so i don't think it's that, i've been out today a few times and it's been fine each time. Got me stumped, just hope it was a strange one off thing and it doesnt happen again:thumbsup:

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Did it again this morning:bang: same symtopms, stereo off/on, lasted about 3 Mins, then was all fine again.................and yeah mike fuse is close to battery, only about 4 inches away from it, although i've relocated the fuses before into the boot, for appearance reasons, and it's made no diference to the set up, umm yeah....

Last edited:

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Whats the condition of your battery and alternator like?

aZk.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Battery is pretty old looks shithouse, alternator is good, it's just funny that it only does it for a few mins...Battery has never had any problems starting the car though...had the car for about 4 months now, and never been a drama..

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Are your battery terminals clean? Boil a kettle and pour the water on them to get rid of all the build up.

-Junior-

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn auto
Battery is pretty old looks shithouse, alternator is good, it's just funny that it only does it for a few mins...Battery has never had any problems starting the car though...had the car for about 4 months now, and never been a drama..

May start the car, but if you are then putting more load on it with the stereo straight away, it may not have enough in reserve to keep the stereo running.

Also check the wiring from the alt to the battery, mainly due to age of car, for poor condition of cable.