Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dont know what to do

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
Yeah Thats true, Its all personal opinion You say Go Euro alot say go aussie some go go Jap there's good bad in everything just personal experience Not a fan of the German cars they, cost a **** load to keep well maintained

Its also as good as driving around with a big Dildo strapped to your head

VTCommy

up tha commodores!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
well why dont you just trade it in for another commodore ?? haha

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
i dont like the shape of the vt vx commo and as for jap cars hahahahahaha never
i know bmw's can cost alot to fix but i've always wanted one anyway
i did see a merc today that looks nice might go look tomorrow
but then they cost the same to fix as the bmw
might have a look at the stato thats there too that looked ok
ill see how i go with the 50 cars i have to look at in the next few days -weeks

thanks for the feed back so far its a mixed bag but it all helps

HoldrodeoLT

I have no lemon pledge...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Rodeo RA LT, 2008 Polaris Hawkeye 300
I had a 318i and yes its true if anything breaks on it.. you better cut off your legs becasue you will be selling them... when my transmission went the mechanic didnt want to tell me how much it would cost to get it reconditioned.. i still dont know how much it woudl of cost lol.. but im gussing it would be more than what the car was worth...

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
bmw is now off the books going for a statesman vs era

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
I just picked a random generic 1993 E36 318 and some random parts, AC Comp $1590.55 Remaufactured by BMW and windscreen $511.90 and front shock absorbers $446.46 each side

Theres $2995.37 in parts alone just for an AC compressor 2 shockies and a windscreen, although granted these are all new genuine parts. Still gives you an idea.

MADVRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss
just get another commodore the cheapest way

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
Yeah Thats true, Its all personal opinion You say Go Euro alot say go aussie some go go Jap there's good bad in everything just personal experience Not a fan of the German cars they, cost a **** load to keep well maintained

Its also as good as driving around with a big Dildo strapped to your head

Restoring/doing up an S-Class. Haven't had any trouble getting parts and they have been no more expensive than anything i ever did to the VL. Much nicer to work on to as everything just fits. No plastics that snap when you try to unclip them etc.
Having said that if a euro isn't for you then that's that. Crusing in the Merc pre-restoration was an absolute pleasure. People actually wanted to look at it rather than wish the ****heads in their old commodores would piss off and make their noise somewhere else.

OP i know you have already chosen to drop the BMW idea - is it something you will always want though? I always wanted the Merc and knocked a couple back when they came up. Regretted it each time which is why i grabbed the one i have now. Having said that it isn't my main car and it never will be, it's just a toy.
The quality of my old Merc supasses any commodore or falcon i've driven lately - however i'd have no issue owning either as my daily.

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
OP i know you have already chosen to drop the BMW idea - is it something you will always want though

your right i will always want one but ill wait till i can afford a decent one