Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dont you just hate 4wd's?

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
my parents own a 4wd and when they go to the city they used to wash it but they dont bother anymore because other road users givin em lack of respect. when its clean people assume its one of them tanks that never see a dirt road ever but that couldnt be further from the truth. it only gets used to either go to the city, pull a caravan or go camping. yes it does have a roo bar but its there because of frequent night driving on country roads. but it really annoys me seeing people driving them for no other reason than takin their kids to soccer on saturday mornings.

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
utility said:
my parents own a 4wd and when they go to the city they used to wash it but they dont bother anymore because other road users givin em lack of respect. when its clean people assume its one of them tanks that never see a dirt road ever but that couldnt be further from the truth. it only gets used to either go to the city, pull a caravan or go camping. yes it does have a roo bar but its there because of frequent night driving on country roads. but it really annoys me seeing people driving them for no other reason than takin their kids to soccer on saturday mornings.
yes exactly, its the 1's without the roo bars and stuff that i worry about, some people just seem to drive them because they can afford 1, you dont see many country drivers driving the big fancy new bmw 1's either, ok they may be out there, but most of them are as you say, taking kids to soccer etc. i know wot its like driving one, especially as im a p-plater, its like double disrespect. ok yes we do have a 4wd for a reason, ive lived on a farm most of my life, and my parents do have a caravan and go camping in the rough outback and out our back door is a 4wd only track...well many of them.

its even worse when driving with a caravan in the city, after a holiday i had 2 get back 2 my place to start uni the next week, which meant taking the caravan through the city...its terrible, every1 tries to get in front of ya coz they dont wanna be stuck behind u, which means that it takes a lot longer than u would think it would to get through the city, and its not our fault that we are going slow, you try and drive with a caravan in a 4wd, especially as being from a farm, u get the 1 with the smaller engine to save money

it just doesnt seem right, those that can afford their big 4wd's and drive it around the city all the time seem to abuse the right of us country people who need them

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
yeah exactly stevo, people that dont need em make it really hard for people who do. i dont see why people would go through all the stress of driving a heavy fuel swallowing machine if they dont have to or worse have absolutely no intention of using it apart from getting over coles car park speed humps. Personally i think it would be a nightmare driving in the city on a daily basis with a 4wd its bad enough for a day let alone daily life.

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
hey everyone, yeah i hate them people who smash up your car and then Piss of without leaving details, makes me want to go slam my car up there ass end and see how they like it BUT i cant agree with the 4wd part because i would b a hypocrite, because my dad has a nissan patrol and its one of the one's around 1990.... and thats big but we have it not just to drive around and look like where bigger and better then everyone else like alot of people do, we personally got it because we have 6 people in our house and well a sedan is only 5. hmmmm fit 6 ppl in a 5 seater can anyone spell "FINE" haha and because we are always towing the boat and the tandom trailor but we do take her out 3-4 weeks to get dirty and have fun, even though its slow and heavy i have to admit it is fun going through all the mud :D:D:D.. but all the people who dont need it shouldnt have it. and everyone who has a 4wd in the city should have to do a driving course to be able to drive one. i personally would love to do one of those test:D:D.... anyway slundy good luck with the repair and hope you catch that A**HOLE one day...

Goose

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 Manual & VP V6 Manual
I was in my mates vr ss at the bottom of his street at a T intersection waiting to turn right and there was a 4wd in front of us and suddenly the 4wd chucks it in reverse and bam bye bye bonnet and front bar. My mate jumped out and started abusing the blonde yank that was driving so she pulled off the road and exchanged details and its gettin fixed tomorrow

Dezza

your local HSV dealer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
hehe check out this four wheel drive this is royal street in the middle of perth just outside my mates work

Attachments

• DSC01282.JPG
    DSC01282.JPG
    215.4 KB · Views: 170
  • DSC01284.JPG
    DSC01284.JPG
    273 KB · Views: 150

vr_owner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 3.8lt executive
well i dont plainly hate 4wds they have the purpose but i do hate the ones down near me on the mornington pen, i got run of the road by a 4wd toyota peice of crap, it was a female driver with 3 kids in the car i actualy dented my front lh bumper, all i was thinking what is wrong with people like that, and why would u try to run an "L"plater off the road?

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
well i dont plainly hate 4wds they have the purpose but i do hate the ones down near me on the mornington pen, i got run of the road by a 4wd toyota peice of crap, it was a female driver with 3 kids in the car i actualy dented my front lh bumper, all i was thinking what is wrong with people like that, and why would u try to run an "L"plater off the road?

she ran you off the road because your an 'L" plater, i dunno why but when i was on L plates i got pretty much no respect from anyone. when i see a L plater i give then heaps of room after all they are learners and they dont need pushy a**holes traumatising them. its unreal how many people see a L plater and instantly change their attitude, mabey they see you as a future P plater so they give you a hard time assuming a couple months down the road you'll be terorising every other road user.