Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Door and tweeter speakers aren't working

Deanf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
My two front door speakers and both tweeters aren't working and I can't figure out why. They have been replaced with kicker speakers before I purchased my car, so I figure that they've been installed badly or a fuse (that I can't find) has blown as all the other speakers are working normally.

Any help or problem solving tips will be greatly appreciated!

Timmah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
have you checked that the sound hasn't been faded all the way to the rear on the head unit? Could be that simple. Otherwise, its most likely a dodgy connection somewhere. Speakers (if they're running straight off the head unit) aren't fused, so not going to be a blown fuse. Could be that the cables have come unplugged from the speakers, or a break in the wire somewhere.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
They were probably run through an amp. If the amp was removed, you won't have any power to the front speakers. Check under the seats/in the boot for stray RCA cables etc.

Deanf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Yeah it isn't faded to the back or anything, they've just stopped working. I'm leaning towards it being a faulty connection somewhere but am yet to find it as it isn't in the speakers themselves cos I've checked them. Cheers for your help!

Deanf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
They were both working when I bought the car soon amp hasn't been removed but will have a look everywhere just incase a cable has come loose. Thanks!