Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Door check strap

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Anyone know if all the door check straps are the same back and front? I know drivers side front is same as passenger side front.
I'd like to use a rear on the front, if I can as they will be in better condition.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
no... front different to back

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ok bummer. Have to find a good passenger front one at the wreckers.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I thought you own a ute?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I thought you own a ute?

I do and I need a replacement as the passenger door sometimes closes, when it's not supposed too. I was hoping I could use a rear door one as I have three doors with check straps still on them. I have a drivers front but I'd say it would be much the same as my passenger door and not work very well.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
By now most check link springs are in a state of being over stressed due to wear and tear along with age. It seems there are only a few brand new ones available now as they are a deleted line by Holden.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
By now most check link springs are in a state of being over stressed due to wear and tear along with age. It seems there are only a few brand new ones available now as they are a deleted line by Holden.

[/URL]

Yeah I won't be paying $150 plus freight for that one, even though it would be nice. I will scour the wreckers and find a good passenger one. I have a really solid one on the drivers side which was the passenger one from my wagon wreck. I'm sure out of the 15 or so wrecks at the self serve I will find something decent.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
But in saying that most are pretty much stuffed now due to age and longterm tension applied to them. As much as it pains me to say, those new ones will never be reproduced and the few remaining will all eventually be sold to people that have rather unique variants of VN thru to VS models and will stop at nothing to have the best bits fitted on their examples.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'm pretty sure I can find a passenger one on a wreck still in good cond. The passenger one from my wagon was tight as, and it was a 93 VR. Obviously I need to be looking at passenger side as any drivers side will be knackerd. My hope was a rear one fitting but no good. I would have thought they would be side specific too but that's not the case.