Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Door courtesy lights into a VX Berlina. NEED URGENT HELP!

Staggie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais S1, VK Wagon EFI 5.0L
Please excuse the shitty mspaint drawing.

Hopefully it makes sense.

As for the diodes go into jaycar etc and ask one of the guys and they'll be able to give u the right ones.

If you have multiple white wires going into the switch make sure they join on the dome light side of the diode. (make sure you get the diode around the right way, stripe end towards switch) i screwed the Diagram up and put he diode around the wrong way.

If you have any questions ask away.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 727
Last edited:

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
Please excuse the shitty mspaint drawing.

Hopefully it makes sense.

As for the diodes go into jaycar etc and ask one of the guys and they'll be able to give u the right ones.

If you have multiple white wires going into the switch make sure they join on the dome light side of the diode. (make sure you get the diode around the right way, stripe end towards switch) i screwed the Diagram up and put he diode around the wrong way.

If you have any questions ask away.

Mate thanks heaps for that!

Just a quick question...

I only have one white wire coming off my door switch which I have taped into. Are you saying I need to put a diode after my join in between the solid white wire and the join?

Staggie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais S1, VK Wagon EFI 5.0L
Mate thanks heaps for that!

Just a quick question...

I only have one white wire coming off my door switch which I have taped into. Are you saying I need to put a diode after my join in between the solid white wire and the join?

Yep thats it. Basically a diode is a one way valve for current, can go out to the dome light, but not back into the door light, if that makes sense.

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep thats it. Basically a diode is a one way valve for current, can go out to the dome light, but not back into the door light, if that makes sense.

Thanks heaps mate. I'll give it a crack first thing tomorrow and let you know how I go!

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride

Mate just went I to Jaycar and the bloke has no idea what I'm on about. Can you specify exactly what type of diode I need?

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
Staggie your a legend...I used some 6 Amp Diodes and did exactly what you said and it works a treat!!! They are now all functioning correctly!

If we ever catch up I owe you a beer or two!

Thanks heaps!

Cheers, Joe :thumbsup:

SuperSixty6

Alto Rullo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Landcruiser TD
No sorry bud you are incorrect. They are supposed to come on individually. When each door opens it's own light comes on by itself and goes off when the door closes.

I think you are confusing what lights I'm talking about for the ones that are above the doors. Mine are down low in the door trim.

Interesting, My VY Calais, and both WL Caprice's i own the door lights come on together. I just had a flick through my Holden Manual, The trigger wire for the courtesy lights is on the same circuit as console lighting, Rear vanity lights and the footwell lights?
Either you have liked the thought of setting your's up different, Or they changed in 02'

Cheers

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
Interesting, My VY Calais, and both WL Caprice's i own the door lights come on together. I just had a flick through my Holden Manual, The trigger wire for the courtesy lights is on the same circuit as console lighting, Rear vanity lights and the footwell lights?
Either you have liked the thought of setting your's up different, Or they changed in 02'

Cheers

Yeah that is strange. I've looked at 3 WH Statesmans and they are all individual as well as a VX Calais. Maybe they did change it...Holden do some strange things.

Sorry mate didn't mean to put you straight onto being wrong. Just assumed they would all be the same.

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
why don't you just get the door switches and loom , they are different with a diode in the loom
so each door lights up when its opened

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks mate but it has already been solved.