Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Door courtesy lights into a VX Berlina. NEED URGENT HELP!

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
I have just wired up all the courtesy lights on my VX Berlina! It's totally doing my head in!!!

So I took the standard door looms out and replaced them with Calais ones so I have the extra plugs. I ran the orange (+ve) wires to a constant power source and the white (-ve) to the door pins which control the interior light on/off when the door is open/closed.

Now the drivers one works perfectly!!! However the RHR, LHR and LHF all come on and off together no matter which door you open (excluding the drivers)

I realise now that the drivers door is on it's own circuit and this is the reason why but how the bloody hell do I get around the others? What is the best and easiest way to do it so they function individually/correctly!

Your help is much appreciated...I've been working on it for three days it's doing my head in to the point where I'm
About to stick the test light in my eye!!!

My car is completely stripped and need it all back together for the weekend!

Thanks guys!

SuperSixty6

Alto Rullo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Landcruiser TD
You are aware that the Courtesy lights should all come on per door opened?

By this i mean, If the Front right opens, All four will light up. Same for any other, If you open the rear left, Again they should all come on (Including roof lights, footwell etc)

Otherwise i am not sure what you are getting at...

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
No sorry bud you are incorrect. They are supposed to come on individually. When each door opens it's own light comes on by itself and goes off when the door closes.

I think you are confusing what lights I'm talking about for the ones that are above the doors. Mine are down low in the door trim.

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
If I replaced my BCM with one from a VX Calais...do you think this will solve my problem?

Staggie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais S1, VK Wagon EFI 5.0L
Easier solution, just go get some diodes and wire them in the back of the switches to main loom and have the individual lights -ve going to the switch

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
If I replaced my BCM with one from a VX Calais...do you think this will solve my problem?

Can't say with absolute certainty but the BCM in the VS controls upper class features such as door lights, auto headlight off etc. So upgrading the BCM could be what you need to do, beware this may cause other issues though.

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
Staggie I'm not that good with electricals...can you explain that in finer detail????

Staggie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais S1, VK Wagon EFI 5.0L
Will draw you a diagram and include part numbers when I get home tonight.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
I'm not sure on VX models, I would've thought calais and berlina had the same BCM. In which case it must be a wiring issue for you, if not then upgrading to a calais bcm could solve your problem if you've gone with the factory wiring setup.

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
Will draw you a diagram and include part numbers when I get home tonight.

Mate if you could do that...would be awesome.

Just so you know...I have put the orange and black wire from my courtesy onto a constant power wire (electric seat) and the blue and white wire from the courtesy light I have taped into the white wire on my door pin.

Mate if you could figure this out for me without having to change my BCM your a legend!