Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Door Lock Handle: how to remove?

Discussion in 'VR - VS Holden Commodore (1993 - 1997)' started by Lord-Data, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Lord-Data

Lord-Data New Member

Members Ride:
    Impulse Blue VE SV6
    It seems to remove the doorskin in a VR/VS, the door lock button needs to be removed, or at least its plastic frame .. how exactly does this come out without breaking anything?

thanks in advance
    :)

2. wpr

wpr New Member

Members Ride:
    HSV AVALANCHE WAGON VYII
    Removal of door lock button

Hi, you need a small screw driver, see the bright orange plastic tab when the door lock button is up, you need to gently prise it out by placing the tip of the screw driver to the side and levering it out. (be careful it only comes part-way off) lift the lock button up and theres a retaining screw underneath.

3. vr84

vr84 Member

Members Ride:
    VR Caprice 5.0L
    I would like to add to this thread since it helped me out today, the process is simple as described above, however it's important to point out that NO FORCE is needed to be used, if you are using force, you likely made the same mistake as me, read below it's a very easy process:

You can simply use a pick tool and place it literally on the side of the red plastic section and pop it forward to detach from the locking rod. I've attached photos to clarify this.

The little red section on the lock is a separate piece that pops forward to detach the inner locking rod, its extemely simple. Hope this helps people and clarifies the previous post above :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  4. BlackVXGTS

BlackVXGTS Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
    This is the tool you need to remove the snib button without damaging it. You can easily make it out of a coat hanger using an hammer.
    upload_2019-9-14_17-17-46.png

woteva, losh1971 and VS_Pete like this.
  5. vs-lover

vs-lover Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
    Glad you put that up BVXGTS as using a fine blade screwdriver is just butchery on either the snib button insert or the surround.

With the way all the plastic work is getting so much more brittle nowadays you need to put so much more support behind everything while applying a bit of force to, to remove it.