Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

door open warning dont work VZ sv6

AntonioC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
dum question but just wondering if anyone knows why the warning light on the dash doesnt light up when the door is left open???

i only just noticed its been like that since i brought the car...

light globe in the dash blown?

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
is the little button press in the door wedged at all? like stuck or free moving? a Problem with that maybe the reason its not working, also it is a possibility a globe has blown but not very likely, im no pro but are you sure the SV6's came with the warning?

HUMBLZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
im having the same problem,no warning light..99.9% sure its not a blown globe as there all LED's..might be a BCM programing fault?

Exidor

I come in peace.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Used Martian spacecraft
Its never worked on my executive.
Thought it might only work on overseas models.
Not even mentioned or displayed on
single or triple window clusters in owners manual .

84dez

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
i had that problem and took it back for warenty and the mechanic said to me the sv6 doesnt even have the wiring loom to make the light work ive just learnt to make sure all the doors are shut and then ive also made it so the doors auto lock in a drive gear so even if a door is ajar it is still safe as the door is locked

AntonioC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
lol no wiring loom connected??? sounds like we are moving backwards not forwards in car features... but i guess its just a way to cut costs?? then why would they add the little button press for the door?

AntonioC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
hmmm just thought of a reason to have the door butten.....for the head lights to switch off when the door is opened...

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
hmmm just thought of a reason to have the door butten.....for the head lights to switch off when the door is opened...

and alarm and interior lighting,

wasnt the fact that the wiring loom isnt there, more the fact it wasnt wired up to work, just wasnt something used in Australia, was probably export model that requires it as part of a design rule, same as the passenger seat belt light thats there

AntonioC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
thanks for that guys, saved me from pulling everything apart, thinking the light globe blew :D