Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Door panel spray paint

andy78

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze
Hey guys,
the black plastic panels near the mirror on both sides have faded away and I wanted to sand and spray paint it but I'm not entirely sure if I should just use a matt black spray can or if there is a way to find out what exact type of black color it is so it matches the rest of the outside panels. Has anybody else experienced the same issue? Also anybody knows how hard it is to get them off or should I just tape off everything around it and spray paint them as they are.

Thanks for taking your time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200413-125450_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200413-125450_Gallery.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 251

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Might be better to price up new mirrors. It will take some work to get them right. You will need grey plastic primer or similar. The shaker can gear is useless.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Hey guys,
the black plastic panels near the mirror on both sides have faded away and I wanted to sand and spray paint it but I'm not entirely sure if I should just use a matt black spray can or if there is a way to find out what exact type of black color it is so it matches the rest of the outside panels. Has anybody else experienced the same issue? Also anybody knows how hard it is to get them off or should I just tape off everything around it and spray paint them as they are.

Thanks for taking your time.
Go to Bunnings and buy the black x2 cans they do plastic as well no need to prime. Good wax cleaner should all it needs with a light scrub. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...ack_p1580674&usg=AOvVaw3ALBjs9j_jJ5CLA7RksfXd