Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

door rattles

vpwgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec Wagon
gday. ive got 2 x 6" in my doors atm and i get these really annoying rattles from the window winders and the door locks (rattle wen there locked and unlocked) and than in the back (wagon- speakers between the wheel arch and the tailgate) i have 2 x 6x9" and theres a really annoying rattle i cant get rid of. its not the number plate. it sounds like its right above the rear wheels. any ideas on how to solve this wuld b much appreciated. thanks
Nick

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
No Subbie in my Commie yet.

But the subbie installed in my mother's Ford XF Station Wagon (in the large piece of wood covering the petrol and gas tanks. It's sealed too.) causes a rattle above the wheels too.

I haven't been able to pinpoint it. It's only on certain types of bass. Higher puncy bass is fine. Lower, deeper and longer bass makes it go crazy. Sounds crap from outside. But It's a Ford So I don't care (The Car could be sold for $800-$1000, the sound could be sold for $600-$700.) I can already forsee problems with my VN regarding a subbie. The 6x9's at the back make something go crazy with the exact same type of rattle.

G

govich

get used to it, get a new car, spend $$$ on reinforcing stuff/sound deadening or turn it up so u cant hear the rattles:p my sub in the VN shakes everything .. at first it was shaking the licence plate so i secured that better and it started shaking the whole boot lid, aswell as everything else at higher volumes .. :unsure: can't do much until i get a new car cos i dont wanna spend more on it.

..and that's with one 12" running off 450WRMS

vpwgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec Wagon
govich said:
turn it up so u cant hear the rattles:p

So i took your advice and wow. the rattles seem to have dissappeared :D
thanks for the replies fellas.

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
Hehe, that's what I do in the ford. My mum doesn't mind the doof, it's the higher end she doesn't like... "What kind of music is that? It's noise.. all that beeping". At about 50-65% volume ya can hear it. At 75-80% volume it's loud enough to make your ears pop and block out the noise.