Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Door Speaker recommendations for VF SSV Redline

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
This threads maybe of interest.
vF series 2 Boss speakers are 4 ohm.
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vf-door-speaker-install-with-pics.244171/

I replaced my front door speakers with Morel Maximus 602 6.5 and dynamat xtreme. Very very happy with the end result / sound quality. Also have Morel Maximo ultra Coax 6.5 in the rear doors

I see that you have a Redline - which comes with the Bose "Premium Audio" ;) as standard. Did you just swap out the speakers with co-axials or did you end up by-passing the standard amp as well?

I think the system is "ok" for the highs and mids but seriously lacks bass. Two subs on the parcel tray - yea right!!

I got all four doors and the boot + parcel tray damped (dynamat) and it helped improve the situation a bit. But the bass is still weak. If I crank up the volume to compensate, it seems to make the situation worse - the bass starts to drop off.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I see that you have a Redline - which comes with the Bose "Premium Audio" ;) as standard. Did you just swap out the speakers with co-axials or did you end up by-passing the standard amp as well?

I think the system is "ok" for the highs and mids but seriously lacks bass. Two subs on the parcel tray - yea right!!

I got all four doors and the boot + parcel tray damped (dynamat) and it helped improve the situation a bit. But the bass is still weak. If I crank up the volume to compensate, it seems to make the situation worse - the bass starts to drop off.
The bass speakers in the rear are way under powered. The VE calais had a lot more bass in the car once you turned the gain up on the amp. The VF went to the Caprice style amp with no adjustments while the VE was a Bosch amp.