Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

door speakers

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
When I checked mine to see if it could be removed, it sure looked like it could. Although I didn't really get to remove it after I found out they were $67.

Soybean

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 5-speed
mate has a series 2, cant get the speaker covers off.
mind you he only pulled softly didnt want to break em, what did you (Bubbaj247)do? did you pop them off with a screw driver or somethin?

Bubbaj247

VTR247
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT ACCLAIM II
Hell Yeah, I put both my feet off and yanked has hard as i could, and pop. Sometimes you got to be a bit rough with these things, same as i couldnt get my tail lights out, it just would move, after beening a bit rough it was easy, any one else had this problem?

Craggles

VT 357
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 2000 Berlina 5.7ltr
Yeah, they do come off, with a lot of force..lol I replaced mine in the front passenger side. $67. I replaced it while I was getting the windows tinted. It is a pain in the bum gettin the door skins off to get it out. I think the person who designed the door skins need a good foot in the bum..lol

JoeFish

Reaction score
Website
www.nuciforacarcare.com
Members Ride
98 VT Executive
can some1 link me to the forum of how to take the whole door trim off so i can put new speakers in my 98 VT front doors thanks.

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Theres a how to somewhere, theres screws holding the trim on from the bottom and sides, plus the screws behind the button, and door handles etc etc.

WNTED1

WNTED1
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s series 2
i just popped mine out i have a vx s and they came of fine as you said they brake pretty easy specially after a drunken night with the boys lol but yea you can get em pretty cheap too go to autobarn repco etc n haggle a bit jus tell em u found em cheaper sumwhere else they will usually match the price hehehe or you can go to the wreckers n get em half the price!!

hope that helped!!!!

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
i was working on a mates car yesterday, fixing the door lock,haveing the trim off ,there were 3 screws holding the speaker grill in place looked easy to replace

Harley92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 Ecotec 5 SPD
the speaker grill is connected to the door trim. the trim is easy as to take off. i have a vx sII. and i kno wthat the vt is the same so yeh. unless u can pop it out from behind the door trim. i dunno. door trim is simple to take off. there are more screws on front doors to the back doors. they wil have some screws in side of door that swings open, some on botton of door when open, one on the side that the hinge is on, one in the door handle, pop the plastic cover out with a sharp stanley knife and there is one inside there, handle just pops out. pop the red insert out of the door lock, and one inside there, take them all out and there will be one more inside the space where the door handle sits, (need to remove handle to see the one behind one for handle). it is easy as. it should just slide up and pull away simple.

hope it helps, i have had my old vt and mums old vx ss and my vx exec all off. as i am a stereo gook and yeh. have changed many stock holden speakers