Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Door trim strip

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'm heading home tomorrow and I go past a backyard wrecker about 30mins from my country house..He is really decent on prices and some of his stock is better than the local self serve. Hopefully he has a good pair.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Update, I looked at 2 wrecks today. One was quite damaged, the other had a hardened seal. I wasn't sure if the seals would soften with a clean, so I left them. I think I will take mine off in the next couple of weeks and have a look at the clips and see if any are missing or damaged. I have plenty of spare clips. So it will come down to whether I can sort mine out, which have soft rubber seals.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Yep they were definitely a work in progress naming wise over time.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Also if I recall correctly the mirror has to be removed.
I pulled the left strip off this eve and gave it a fresh coat off matt black. I noticed the mirror end had a slight bow. I have straightened it. The ones on my ute are different to my VR ones. Not sure if ute maybe used something slightly different, or if there was a change from 93-94 or if I have found another part from a different model that has been grafted onto my ute by a PO.
The 93 VR ones have an extra plastic clip at the rear end and a cut out to fit the clip. Where as mine don't have this. The 93 wagon ones are made of rubber coated metal, where as the ute ones are painted.
Yes the mirror does need to come VSL. To secure the rear end of the strip I am going to use an extra clip and go close to the end as I can, which is about 40mm in from the end, hopefully this will anchor the rear ok.