Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Door Vibrations...

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
My doors vibrate quite bad when music is on lound, i have 6 in splits in the doors with spacers...is there nethng i can do with out taking the door skin off to stop the vibrations.

Its done it from the day i had em installed (badly) from JBhifi, they couldn stop the vibrations....not very professional

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
Depends, what exactly is vibrating?

One of my mates had his windows vibrating in his VP. Its a bitch cos theres nothing you can really do about that, except wind them all the way up, or down.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Unfortunately the only thing I think that will stop the vibrations short of taking the door skins off and tightening things up and insulating the door would be to turn the stereo off. Don't be too daunted about removing the door interior its very easy. :)

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
its not the window vibrating cause its alwayz up (dont wind the windows down like air con hehe) its like the central locking thingys are vibrating

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
Hahahaha..... sorry!!:D

I had this problem in my VS.
Unfortunately l had to take my door apart to fix it. What happend was that (well this is what l think anyway) l tightened/secured everything and couldn't really find what was rattling, so l gave up and put my door back together to be plesantly suprised that it was fixxed ;)!

Take apart the door isn't too hard, l had help but that cos l had no guide. Just ask someone on the forums. Otherwise, don't bother about it, depends on how bad the vibration is l spose!!

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
If you want a guide to take off the door skin I'd be happy to type one up :)

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
a right up would be good...i guess i should start doing stuff to the car myself :eek: but paying ppl to do it is som much easier :p