Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Door wont shut/close

V

VS1Tonner

Hi there, having a little problem :ranting: with my passenger front door, it will not latch to the latch on to the body and all mechanizms are still attached properly does anybody know what this problem could be and how I could fix it

the door just bounces back open when trying to shut it :b:

R

rattattack1313

Don't know about these modern utes, but the old Holden tillies :thumbsup: had a similar problem sometimes....the chassis might be slightly twisted???? try parking on different angles, untill it works....... that might tell you something...apart from that....

V

VS1Tonner

hey mate

by the way i sold the ute 4 months ago and its a VS Sedan 96 S2 i have!
just havnt been bothered changing the user name

anyway the problem is the latch in the door that wont lock down (close/shut) it simply just bounces back out regarldess what angle its at, its just in the door

looks like i'll be going to holden in the morning unfortunatly :b:

Rhino Racing

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn/vp Speedway Street Sedan
Try this mate, :wave:
Open the door. get a screwdriver and place it into the latch mechanism on the door..... from the side you should be able to push the screwdriver into it and cause the latch to lock ito place.....
If it does this and the little lever on the mechanism stays down in the locked position. there is nothing wrong with the latch assembly.
The problem then is more than likely the alignment of the door itself....(eg. hinge pins/ bushs u/s.)
or more commonly it could be that the door striker(bit attached to the b pillar of the car) is not aligned correctly with the latch assy.
To fix this use a large philip head ( star/ cross) screwdriver and loosen the couple of screws that hold the striker in place...... but dont loosen them too much as the striker will keep slipping down lower than what you want.
When it is loose... try and line up the latch and the striker assy as best you can. then move the striker towards the outside of the car a fraction...... ( this ensures that it is just not too far in) retighten the screws.
Try closing the door. :w00t:
Keep trying this until you are happy with the adjustment of the door.....
Lastly.. recheck that you have fully tightened the screws............ and then check that you have enough tension on the door seal rubber.( make sure the door is touching the rubber)
This will ensure you dont end up with any annoying leaks when it rains next. :cry:
Try tha and let us know how it goes!!! :p
Catchya!

V

VS1Tonner

door is fixed the problem was the door mechanizm spring was broken, found out just after i bought another one from the wreckers! the old one is all fixed and working fine and if anyone wants it u can private message me :p
comes with central locking unit aswell
cheap spare to keep around the house i spose *shrugs* :)

thanks dudes for ya help! it was just a spring broken :p

cheers :)

Cameron Osborne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Commodore
door is fixed the problem was the door mechanizm spring was broken, found out just after i bought another one from the wreckers! the old one is all fixed and working fine and if anyone wants it u can private message me :p
comes with central locking unit aswell
cheap spare to keep around the house i spose *shrugs* :)

thanks dudes for ya help! it was just a spring broken :p

cheers :)
Hey mate, my door sounds like yours was. It closes but sometimes swings open around corners. I think i have the same problem as you did.
Could you please tell me how you get into the door to replace the spring?

Frank Perre

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE omega 2010 series 2
Ve 2010 omega door latch won't latch or close need help

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
RE
Hey mate, my door sounds like yours was. It closes but sometimes swings open around corners. I think i have the same problem as you did.
Could you please tell me how you get into the door to replace the spring?
move the lining and unscrew the torx screws holding the locking mechanism. Take note of the position of the rods from the mechanism to the lock.

rabit29

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx series 2
RE

move the lining and unscrew the torx screws holding the locking mechanism. Take note of the position of the rods from the mechanism to the lock.
I have the same problem I think it is the actuator done a heap of test with a screwdriver the lock locks but not when I close it so hopefully it's a simple as a spring but I think it's the actuator I strapped the door up so my partners door wouldn't fly open when going around corners my car is a 2012 ve commodore lfx z sports wagon

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I have the same problem I think it is the actuator done a heap of test with a screwdriver the lock locks but not when I close it so hopefully it's a simple as a spring but I think it's the actuator I strapped the door up so my partners door wouldn't fly open when going around corners my car is a 2012 ve commodore lfx z sports wagon
try posting a new thread in the VE section rather than an old thread from the VR/VS section.