Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Doors???

cdawg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac Supercharged L67
hey guys,

i have noticed lately in my vt commodore that when i drive over a rough bit of road, it sounds like my doors rattle (the sound they make if you drive with them not fully closed).. but they are fully shut!!! can this be fixed by adjusting them or not??? if so how???

thanks

Gothevu

Off the chain
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S2 Ute - 5 sp manual
You can adjusted the door latch on the side piller with a hex key. Only undo it a bit and with a hammer tap it inwards towards the centre of the car. It takes a bit of stuffing round to get it to close right

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
yeah the U bent latch that is mounted on the body of the car can slide into the car and to close the door further to make it tighter with allen key(i think)....but be careful...to much in and the body and doors are not smooth and level coz sitting too far in causing whistling noise from wind

cdawg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac Supercharged L67
thanks for the help guys.. ill give it ago this weekend..

cheers (Y)

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
is it the actual door against the car or something in the door? i havent heard of the first happening before....

S

seano

I've had that problem with a VT and now my VX does the same, Im gonna give that a try to. Im learning a lot here today thanks for your help all.

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
i have a VT 1997 S pac, my driver door rattles as well, in the top right corner (from the inside) so the highest point of the window where it neraly meets the back door.. that rattles, and wen i hit like 140 - 150 km/h (private roads of course) it starts to like allow air in and pops in and out.. very sus indeed...

raZel