Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do's and Don'ts when getting pulled over

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute Series II Perfect Blue
What do you guys think are the best things to do and the worst things to do when getting pulled over by the cops. Whether it's a speeding, RBT or checking your vehicle for defects.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Jump out of the car in an angry manner and state in an agressive tone "what now, why don't you bastards go catch some real criminals?"

Guaranteed they will back off afraid of upsetting you further.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
U react the same way as u would to any other person.. Not rocket science ;)

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
I stay polite and and relaxed because at the end of the day you be mean they will lock you up ive been caught speeding in the past and managed to avoid losing my license ive never had alcohol in my system when ive been pulled over for an rbt and ive been pulled up due to bald tyres blue led park lights and was told to fix it but never been defected I now keep the inside and outside of my car clean and its very rare I get pulled up at all

Sent From My Galaxy S3 Using Tapatalk

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
I was in the car with my mate who was an off duty copper. He stayed calm and answered all the questions in as few words as possible. When he was asked for his license he made his badge visable, and then we were on our way very quickly. So that's probably the best strategy I've ever seen

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
This is exactly why you should wear hoodies. Get out of the car but make sure you keep your hands in your pockets so they don't get cold.

Reaper

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
Turn up NWA's "#### Tha Ploice" and spark up a phatty. :kissmy: :cops: :smoking:

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
I got pulled over once for speeding. I was polite to the cop, answered his questions (why were you going so fast, where are you going, etc), didn't mention anything about revenue raising, etc, basically just didn't act like a dick...after writing me a ticket and breathalysing me I was on my way. Apart from the fact that the whole thing cost me a couple of hundred bucks and some points, it was really quite straightforward. As for RBT's, once again - be polite, don't act like a dick, do what they say, etc, and you'll generally have no problems. Never been pulled over to check for defects.

MrGodLyk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
I just spark up conversation with them and treat them the same way I'd treat everyone. They tend to like it, I've never been done for anything so I guess it works haha
But overall it's not really an act on my behalf anyway cause I'm generally a pretty chatty person.
I have only ever had one asshole pull me over, the lady cop that was with him even kept saying "thanks for your time and enjoy your night" to me, but he just kept coming back.
Ended up doing an engine check to make sure the engine number(?) on my windscreen matched the number on the build plate under the bonnet, breatho'd me and drug tested me.
I just stood there talking to the female officer about life in general, had a laugh, and at the end she apologized to me for his actions, but I didn't mind. After all it's only 10-15mins out of your night and if they're keeping idiots off the road then I'm not overly fussed.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Just be nice, polite and sincere. Its amazing what a please and thank-you will do for you.