Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do's and Don'ts when getting pulled over

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
A few things to try and avoid doing or saying when getting pulled over.

1. Don't start the conversation buy saying waaaaaaasssssssssuuuuuupppppppppppp.
2. Don't ask the officer how he/she mother is.
3. Don't ask if the crumbs on his/her shirt are from dough nuts.
4. Don't tell the officer, "as a tax payer in this country, do you realise that I pay your wages?"
5. Don't say to the officer, "if you didn't have that badge and gun, you would be in deep trouble now"
6. Don't tell the officer that they should be out catching real criminals.
7. Don't ask the officer if they got bullied at school.
8. Don't say to the officer that he looks like the officer that got done for being a pedophile.
9. Don't ask the officer if he/she was one of the ones that got done for corruption .
10. Don't start sniffing the air and ask the officer if they can smell bacon.
11. Don't ask for their badge number after they give you ticket as this just makes you look stupid, seeing it is written on the ticket.
12 Don't tell the officer that you are a far better driver then them.

These are just a few of the things that you should not do when you have been pulled over by the police.

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
Just being polite in general is the way to go, being a dick is a sure fire way of getting more tickets for something stupid, defect, or a trip in the back of the patrol car

Woody_SS

Defective User
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Things not to say to a cop when you're pulled over...

I only had one officer Mr. Keg..
Back off Barney, I've got a piece.
Want to race to the station, Sparky?
I know I was weaving, but I can't find the Honeycomb Hideout!
On the way to the station let's get a twelve pack.
You'll never get those cuffs on me...You *****!
Come on write the damn ticket, the bars close in 20 minutes!
Hey, wasn't your daughter a pork queen?
How long is this going to take? Your wife is expecting me.
Hey officer, is that your nightstick or are you just glad to see me?
I'm surprised you stopped me, Krispy Kreme has a 3 for 1 special!
Yeah you can see my license, officer, but could you hold my beer for a minute?
Hey, you must've been doing' about 200km/hto keep up with me! Good job!
Sorry, Officer, I didn't realize my radar detector wasn't plugged in.
I thought you had to be in relatively good physical condition to be a Police Officer.
Excuse me. Is "stick up" hyphenated?
You know, I was going to be cop, but I decided to finish high school instead.
"Bad Cop! No Donut!"
I was trying to keep up with traffic. Yes, I know there are cars around, that's how far I am behind the other cars.
You're NOT gonna check the trunk, are you?
"Lets do it different this time... I will give you the breathalyzer test, now stick this in your mouth and blow"
Didn't I see you get your ass kicked on "COPS" last week on TV?
Wow, You look just like the guy in the picture next to my girlfriend's bed.
I bet I could grab that gun before you finish writing my ticket
So, uh, you "on the take", or what?
Gee, officer! That's terrific. The police officer yesterday only gave me a warning too!
Do you know why you pulled me over? Good, at least one of us does.
So, are you still crabby because your mamma didn't let you play with your gun when you were little?
Hey is that a 9 mm? That's nothing compared to this .44 magnum.
When you smack the crap outta me, make sure you smile for the video camcorder.
Is it true that people become policemen because they are too dumb to work at McDonalds?
Hey, you look like that girl I f***ed a few days ago...
Aren't you one of the Village People?

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
Its easy. Be polite, do as instructed and answer any questions. They are just doing their job and the easier you make it for them then the quicker you'll be on your way. The more you act like a dick or try and waste their time the longer you're gonna be there for and the more they are going to want to pick you up on anything you can. Ive always even said a polite 'thanks' as Ive been handed every ticket Ive ever gotten. Sounds stupid but when it comes down to it, I was speeding each time so no point being angry at THEM that I was caught. And if you're polite to them then they are going to be more polite to you. Ive had 4 speeding fines dropped to the lowest bracket when they caught me doing 20+ over each time, and I bet its because straight up I just answered the questions and was polite, didnt drop any smart comments back to them, didnt argue that I wasnt going that fast etc. (Still amazes me people try to argue with cops that they 'werent going that fast, I swear' :/ They arent suggesting you were doing Xkm/hr, they are TELLING you you were. lol)
No one is ever happy to get pulled over, but showing that to the cop isnt going to help EVER. Yes sir no sir thank you sir. Then when you drive off, THEN let the explicits fly. lol

velj

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 ute
Start crying LOL I will be if I loose 2 more points :(

ivabiggen

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Executive
What do you guys think are the best things to do and the worst things to do when getting pulled over by the cops. Whether it's a speeding, RBT or checking your vehicle for defects.
i would suggest that you politely tell them to stop tossing off on you and to remove the handcuffs and put thier pants back on.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
If you are female pulled over by a male cop, ensure you have a low cut top/push up bra and your skirt is very short. Give him a seductive look and tell the cop he looks tense and you could probably fix that for him.

Only try this if you are under 30 or a MILF.

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
If you are female pulled over by a male cop, ensure you have a low cut top/push up bra and your skirt is very short. Give him a seductive look and tell the cop he looks tense and you could probably fix that for him.

Only try this if you are under 30 or a MILF.

I wonder if that'll work for men for a female officer???

Roll the sleeves up, keep the biceps flexed, give a little wink and finish with a "thanks gorgeous"

Hmmm may have to try that!

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Last time I got a ticket I was a real arsehole. I wasn't having a good day.

Officer: Do you know why I pulled you over?
Me: To get your quota up
Officer: No, I got you doing 68 in a 50 zone (shows gun) [NB: Road is an arterial road; current limit of 50 I believe is waaaay too low if you compare it with other roads about the place]
Me: Whatever, ok.....
Officer: Here is your ticket. And FYI its not revenue raising we are trying to stop young people like you from killing yourself [NB - I am 29, going on 30, with thinning hair and grey in my beard - referring to me as young was a compliment!!]
Me: Well I have worked in the field of road safety, seen the stats and speeding is not at all a problem. I feel sorry that you have to be here at this time of day (was 5:30-6pm, on dusk)
Officer: Well maybe I'll take you to some fatals, that may change your mind
Me: In my previous career I did go to fatals, not one of them were caused by speeding. They were mainly suicides and fatals.
I drive off, I can see copper is pissed....

I feel so sorry that the highway patrol has to fullfil govt quotas re: revenue. Its not their fault they have to do such a crap job. They could really focus on the REALLY dangerous stretches of road, or even do useful things like target drug dealers, petty theives and liqour licencing.