Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dose anyone know what this plug is for?????

vscalaishsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv enhanced vs calais
after i got the exhuast done the engine warning light stays on. done the code check twice and it says syster ok. . i have replaced the o2 sensor with a new one and it still stays on... and when i was under the car i noticed this plug cable tied up and its neve been there brfore! i traced the wire beck and it goes in to the harness there the fuse box is and we carnt find any thing under there that is missing a plug and i think thats why the engine warning light stays on.

IMG_0722.jpg

so if anyone can please tell what it is for and where it plugs on to then that will be a big help

cheers patrick

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Looks like it belongs to the knock sensor. With some exhausts there is not enough clearance between the exhaust and the engine to fit the sensor, so the sensor is removed (which explains why you can't find where the plug goes). Check with the exhaust shop that installed the exhaust. You should be getting DTC43 set which is why your engine management light is on.

jetboy

You learn til u die
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec
Thts exactly wht it is , your exhaust guy f@#ked up , take it back an tell :rant: the lazy bastard to do the job properly:ranting:

vscalaishsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv enhanced vs calais
im not going back there! it was the biggest pain in the bum getting them to put the exhaust on in the first place

jetboy

You learn til u die
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec
Ok then , it should be a single wire from memory , now i seem to recal if u just earth it out ur light should dissapear , and ur problem over , cept u wont know if ur about to throw a " leg outta bed "

vscalaishsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv enhanced vs calais
is there any way of fixing it if they couldnt plug it back in?

jetboy

You learn til u die
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec
Yeah the hafta make a small mod to the pipe , im takin it you got extractors fitted , Cheapies usually dont allow for the knock sensor

jetboy

You learn til u die
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec
Like i said ( no offence ) cheapies . Dodgy exhaust shops can be bothered to make the small mod , so they rip out the sensor , throw it over their shoulder an plug the hole zip tie up the wire an send u on ur way , hopen you dont come back an winge. If u know sum one with a scan tool im sure they can turn it off for you , but once again the knock sensor is there to let u know that sumpin terminal is about to happen to you engine.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The Pacemakers listed for the Calais say that they do not fit with knock sensors, it's because they go around the variable power steering solenoid, there is not enough room for the knock sensor. The exhaust shop was doing a dodgy and couldn't be bothered fixing it.