Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

double demerit fines

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
you know the story. P plate has fallen off or been ripped off without my knowledge. got fined today.

im p2 nsw. Whats the fine and am i loosing my licence? I have a clean driving record btw.

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
man p plates are the stupidest things...just cant believe that whether or not you have a license can be decided by a stupid piece of plastic falling off your car.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
When I got done it was 2 points and $170 fine. P2 can accumulate a max of 7 demerit points. Double demerits only apply to speeding and seatbelt offences. The demerit scheme also recently changed, so it might not be 2 points for not displaying p plates any more. Demerit points scheme

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
double demerits are only for speeding fines and not wearing a seat belt.
every other fine is the same as any other day... so no you wont lose your license..

Last edited:

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
LOL are you sure sure your a plasterer and not a super intelligent school teacher or spellamatition

lol doesn't need to be super intelligent.

difference between loose and lose is basic english

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
The new P plates annoy the shizzle out of me, my girlfriend is on her green P's (P2 in Vic or whatever it is) so she cant use my old red ones (I still have them for bookmarks in the Melways) my old P's you could wet and stick up, pull them down and repeat a hundred times over and they always stayed up, you would struggle to pick a corner up to remove them.

The new ones however, just dont seem to stay stuck, no matter what, really pisses me off tbh.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
yeh its a bit iffy in nsw they have to be displayed a certain way now outside the car, so stick on window ones dont classify anymore and under the new laws a cop can disregard their even there.

Glad I dont have to put up with it, although strangely when I was on my P's I never had an issue of them falling off and I honestly dont know how