Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

double throttle body

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina

Adriianz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS
yups. so what does stroking do? and how much does it typically cost?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
about $6000 just put a decent turbo setup with tune on it and youll make more power than a stroker kit. If it blows up a new motor only cost about $150 :p

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
hmm where can those things be done, and how much do they cost, im pretty nooby with the engine modifications.. been doing looks so far.. only a throttle kit, chip & 2.5" exhaust so far lols.

thanks for the input

p.s i heard that turbos on a v6 are really not worth it, although supercharging are quite good :)

Hmmm, better start ripping the turbo off and strap a supercharger on so i can start making some real power.:bang:

Adriianz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS
keep in mind im a P-Plater LOL! want suttle upgrades mostly. lols

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 6l auto 239cam 3.9diff
how much longer till you can play with forced induction and the turbo is the way to go from what ive seen

AdamOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wags
with a v6 dont bother wastin your money on turbos/superchargers/stroker kits/twin throts all that cos you wont get a whole lot of power for the excessive money your spending. especially when you'd be able to get so much more power out of an 8 with the same amount of money. in my opinion for us poor buggers with v6s id say exhaust, extractors, chip, CAI, shiftkit maybe, lsd and diff gears.. the higher ratio gears you get the more acceleration you'll get (eg 4.11:1 compared to 3.9:1) but the higher ratio you go the lower your topspeed will be
......... or unless your not on red p's id recommend scrapping the v6 n get a v8 :p ... i know thats what i'd do:thumbsup:
... also twin throtts arent exactly subtle and if you are red p's they forbid them, i heard if you get caught with **** like that cops take ya car off ya.. duno if its true tho????

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 6l auto 239cam 3.9diff
with a v6 dont bother wastin your money on turbos/superchargers/stroker kits/twin throts all that cos you wont get a whole lot of power for the excessive money your spending. especially when you'd be able to get so much more power out of an 8 with the same amount of money.

you have to be joking have you ever been in a turbo v6 they absolutely fly.:bang: i know one that has more mph over the 1/4 than my blowen 8 and cost less to put together. to the point my next project will have a dirty big turbo hanging off it.