Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

double throttle body

AdamOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wags
you have to be joking have you ever been in a turbo v6 they absolutely fly.:bang: i know one that has more mph over the 1/4 than my blowen 8 and cost less to put together. to the point my next project will have a dirty big turbo hanging off it.

nope i havent... but whats the point of doing a turbo v6 when you can do a turbo v8?

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 6l auto 239cam 3.9diff
a 6 is easer to do and cost less and broken engine is nothing to replace and work on as there is heaps of them. my next one is a turbo 8 but that is only cause i dont own a v6 or i would tamper with it too. people tend to play with what they have and thats not always what they want.

AdamOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wags
a 6 is easer to do and cost less and broken engine is nothing to replace and work on as there is heaps of them. my next one is a turbo 8 but that is only cause i dont own a v6 or i would tamper with it too. people tend to play with what they have and thats not always what they want.

yeah thats a good point actually. id go for an 8 over a 6 anyday with anything tho lol... **** i hate red p's:bang: haha

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 6l auto 239cam 3.9diff
im glad i missed them

Adriianz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS
i got stuck on reds, im planning to put gears in the diff, maybe some hi-flo injectors or some things along those lines. thanks fopr the help guys.

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
just do full exhuast, and high ratio rocker rollers, will sound sshhiitt loads better and you notice a good gain, probs $2000 max

GMH304

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VP Executive 5 spd Manual
yeah thats a good point actually. id go for an 8 over a 6 anyday with anything tho lol... **** i hate red p's:bang: haha

V8's are great but value for money you cant go past a buick V6(in manual form) ..ive had counless 304's and loved them but the availability & affordability of parts has driven me back to the humble V6. If you plan to spend $$$ modding then go the 8 all the way but if you want something to beat up day in day out id stick by the V6

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
V8's are great but value for money you cant go past a buick V6(in manual form) ..ive had counless 304's and loved them but the availability & affordability of parts has driven me back to the humble V6. If you plan to spend $$$ modding then go the 8 all the way but if you want something to beat up day in day out id stick by the V6

modifying my 304 has cost me a lot less than the v6