Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

double throttle body

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
Hey adrian, its ricky (troys cousin)

I wouldn't bother about the twin throttles, or injectors...

Just get 3.7 or 3.9's and an lsd/spool..... If you want you can come for a ride in mine and ill show you how it goes, a tune off greenfoam and get a shiftkit....

That should make the car go a little better :)

(btw get the gears out of a r31 skyline, and if you need a guy to install them ill give you a number of a guy who does them cheap and good work :thumbsup: )

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
modifying my 304 has cost me a lot less than the v6

But is it as quick as your super 6 was?

Hey adrian, its ricky (troys cousin)

I wouldn't bother about the twin throttles, or injectors...

Just get 3.7 or 3.9's and an lsd/spool..... If you want you can come for a ride in mine and ill show you how it goes, a tune off greenfoam and get a shiftkit....

That should make the car go a little better :)

(btw get the gears out of a r31 skyline, and if you need a guy to install them ill give you a number of a guy who does them cheap and good work :thumbsup: )

I like my twins and they made a noticable differance straight away for me but that was getting boost a little bit earlier. So i say put a turbo on it then get a ttb setup.;)
Matt

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I beleive stocky is able to do the same times in the clubsport as he was in the SC V6 it's not as powerful but more tractable on the street. He got pretty tired of being forced to remove the SC by the cops :)

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
I like my twins and they made a noticable differance straight away for me but that was getting boost a little bit earlier. So i say put a turbo on it then get a ttb setup.;)
Matt

With your set up there is no way i would argue :) but on a stocker its not worth the money......
Pretty sure the OP is on his red p's aswell, so he needs mods they cant see :)

Adriianz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS
agreed, im bidding on a garret turbo, not sure if i should risk it on red p's though.

i was thinking of getting ratio gears soon, which would be best?

anyone have any ideas on the best power for cash mods i could use?

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
I beleive stocky is able to do the same times in the clubsport as he was in the SC V6 it's not as powerful but more tractable on the street. He got pretty tired of being forced to remove the SC by the cops :)

So if he set it up right and could drive it properly then it would be faster? and it must suck to not live in the sunshine state.

But all in all no twin throttles shouldn't be anywhere near the top of your mods list.
Matt

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
well **** you too

now thats not very nice and i was just putting my opinion out there, because i think the vn would off been faster than the clubsport. Sorry to offended you but unless you care to explain why, i dont see how the clubby can be said to be faster.

Matt

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
now thats not very nice and i was just putting my opinion out there, because i think the vn would off been faster than the clubsport. Sorry to offended you but unless you care to explain why, i dont see how the clubby can be said to be faster.

Matt

my comment was about as nice as yours, and i could quite easily explain why the v6 was not able to reach a proper time, but judging from your previous comments, you are just that opinionated that i really cant be bothered explaining anything to you.

there is nothing wrong with my driving style, or the way i had my engine setup, so keep those comments to yourself

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
I was judging by the facts that when i put a sc14 on my wagon at 3psi, with a standard zorst and headers, i ran a 15 flat quarter on a gtech, my step dad has a vs clubby and with pacies, zorst ect and it went 14.8 on the same gtech, so add another 7psi and how is the clubby still keeping up, now i have also driven eaton v8s ute with 225/15s on it and traction is hard to find if u just mash the peddle and expect to go somewhere, but with a bit of attention to the throttle and it gets of the line and goes. Now i like v8s as much as v6s and was just asking if your clubby was as fast as your vn, since you are comparing how much you spent on you on both and greenfoams comment led me to believe there must of been problems getting the power to the ground.
Matt