Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DPF light

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
The other day. My parents captivas DPF light came on. They took it to Holden and they did something (mum doesn't know what) and then it was all good. Now it's come on again.. Any insight to what causes this?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
I remember hearing something a couple years ago that you need to drive the vehicle at a certain speed to build up enough heat to "clean" out the filter.

I think you can manually clean it which the mechanic may have done.

Sorry i cannot help more, memory not so good

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Yea she took it for a good drive didn't help. I know how they work on trucks but not so much on cars.. I can pull over and do a manual regeneration if I need to. Doesn't appear you can on this. It's annoying as not everyone does long driving.

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
Yeah short trips causes problems with the DPF. Have you read your owners handbook? Often they have the method of doing a regeneration in there. Might be something like a certain speed, in a certain gear, for a certain length of time.

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Yea the DPF is faulty. They've ordered a replacement. Reduculas.. Hasn't even had its first oil change.