Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Drag Queens.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
OK, @gopher, you wanted a bit more 'stuff' in the pub.

I watched 'Dancing with the Stars' (well, the cricket is over) because missus wanted to see what it was all about..

Anyhow, I reckon that for a 37 year old bloke, Courtney Act is a pretty good sort. (and I am not gay)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
THAT thread title is open to interpretation...

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
No controversial responses ? OK. So I will chuck in a (true) story that involves a car as well.

Early 1970’s, I was at RAAF Williamtown. Myself and 3 others were attached to RAAF Richmond for a day.
Bruce was one, and had just taken delivery of a XA/XB Falcon Hardtop with V8 and auto floor shift. His first V8 and first auto, so he was only too keen to drive us to Richmond, and see how the new car went.

The plan was, get the job done, get cleared for an early mark (being Friday), change into civilian clothes, go to the Parramatta RSL for a feed, a few drinks, pokies and later off to Kings Cross for some light entertainment, before heading back to Newcastle.

He parked the car at the ‘Cross (which you could do at that time), and we wandered around taking in the sights, and decided on a strip joint visit. Entry was about $10, a fair amount back then, which included a ‘free’ can of beer. The place was packed, hot, smokey and noisey.

After about 5 minutes, we thought that the strippers were not real attractive, and not quite right, particularly around the upper torso region.
When one ripped of it’s G-string and revealed the truth, we were out of there, with hardly enough time to finish our free beer.

On the way back home, Bruce stopped at Hornsby to fill up with petrol. There was no F3/M1 freeway, the Calga-Ourimbah toll Expressway was as good as it got.
As we were are getting to about Swansea, Bruce remarked that the car didn’t seem to be going as good as on the forward trip, and the fuel tank was getting low. A few minutes later, the front passenger asked if the shifter was supposed to be in D or 2. Bruce had driven from Hornsby at about 100kph in second gear and not realised it. That was good for a laugh, and ribbing on him for the next week.

On the following Monday, we found out that the ‘Cross female strippers had called a strike for that weekend, and drag queens had been called up to substitute, and earn a few extra dollars. That was good for a laugh on us, and ribbing from the blokes who did not go to Richmond.

(On a more sombre note, about 10 years later, Bruce died from cancer, no doubt as a result of his time in Vietnam.)

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
5 minutes in and you realised the strippers were dodgy but still hung around for the finale????
Fast forward to 2019 and you’re getting off on a drag queen on DWTS and advising us of Your sexuality ?
Not judging or anything. But? lol

May poor old Bruce Rest In Peace

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Well, you asked for something different in another thread, so this is ……….. 'different'.
The 5 minutes was from entrance to exit. After discovering what was, we were not inclined to find out what next.
And, NO, there is nothing untoward about my sexuality.
One of the blokes I worked with for many years was a man with long blonde hair by day, and a drag queen at night. It was common knowledge in the work place, and he was accepted for being what he was. I have no idea what he looked like after hours, but I'm sure that it would not be as convincing as the lovely Courtney.

Another RAAF experience.
I was called as a witness to a Court Martial at Richmond some years later. This involved about a week of sitting around, bored, waiting to be called, just like any civilian trial.
One day, I was told that I definitely would not be required, and was stood down from duty, so I decided to catch a train into Sydney, and have a look in the exotic car showrooms that were on George Street (?), at the time....Rolls, Aston, Bentley, Porsche etc.
Edit.. it would not have been George St, too far away. Dunno what street it was now.
I got out at Kings Cross station, walked down the street, and could not believe how many women asked me if I had the time, or wanted me to light their cigarette.
Why couldn't they buy a watch, or cigarette lighter themselves for their own use ?????

Last edited: