Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Drag race at lights... Lols!

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
Pulled up the lights in the right hand lane with a ferrari in the middle and a lambo on the left. I accelerated to the limit but was absolutely destroyed.

I know right a commodore can't beat a ferrari or lambo, maybe its only the V6's that can?

Of course V6's can. Nearly every day I rock up at a set of lights between a Ferrari and Lambo and they just crap themselves at the site of my car and dump all their oil, that leave me to drive off normally and win. The only car that hasn't crapped itself at the site of my V6 was a VW Beetle, Herbie has balls I tell ya.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
haha no it wouldnt surprise me... my sister is a great one for using fb to ask pointless questions on my wall when im in the same house

We're not usually that lazy lol

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
so couple of days back me and my mate Dom were cruising for pussy

we were pullin up to set of lights and i was like '**** Dom, sus out the fkn Ferrari'

pulled up next to this guy and im like 'eh negro! nice car, wats the retail on one of those?' cause i was thinkin of boostin it

you know wat this punk ass bitch with his tranny missus that looked like a train of guys just went through said?

...'more than you can afford pal, FERRARI POWAH!'

i looked back at him and gone

lWPdJ.png

Dom turned back an goes 'man smoke him'

after an amazing drag race where i used 6 bottles of NOS, the big ones

i came home and my old man said 'Andrew ur 24, it's time to throw childish things aside' and I said 'OK pop'

but he didn't really say that he said that 'stop being a fkn dinosaur and get a job'

and thats how i became the fresh prince of belair

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I had some tosser try and drag me a while back, he looked at me, i looked at him, he revved his engine, I revved my engine, lights went green, he booted it, I didn't, I knew about the speed camera a few hundred metres down the rad, he didn't, *FLASH*.

I laughed hard, he didn't (I suspect).

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
I had some tosser try and drag me a while back, he looked at me, i looked at him, he revved his engine, I revved my engine, lights went green, he booted it, I didn't, I knew about the speed camera a few hundred metres down the rad, he didn't, *FLASH*.

I laughed hard, he didn't (I suspect).

I love it when this happens, when I was on my P's I had this happen so many times around my local roads...people always want to race, doesn't particularly matter what car you drive ( I had a 4 cylinder vectra) and douche's driving xr6's and the like would want to race, I would accelerate to the speed limit and they would go booting off up the road up to 120+...then in the distance I would see the big blinding light...and at the next lights when I pull up next to them I just look over...give a little thumbs up "your so cool" then go about my business.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
One of my old customers drives a $350K Maserati, I asked him if people try and drag him, he tells me it happens all the time, especially 4-cylinder shitboxes and V6 Commodores, I LOL'd.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Car near where I used to live (wrx) had numberplates V8EATR. It was always parked on the side of a main road so every time I saw it I lol'd, that guy must get so many angry V8 drivers wanting to rumble with him at the lights...cops must be all over him aswell with such a provocative number plate. I'm not saying for a second that it wouldn't beat the V8's...it probly would beat most stock or even slightly modified cars, but I'm sure theres several V8's out there that could beat him and it would sure suck to be him the day that he gets slapped back into place.

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
so couple of days back me and my mate Dom were cruising for pussy

we were pullin up to set of lights and i was like '**** Dom, sus out the fkn Ferrari'

pulled up next to this guy and im like 'eh negro! nice car, wats the retail on one of those?' cause i was thinkin of boostin it

you know wat this punk ass bitch with his tranny missus that looked like a train of guys just went through said?

...'more than you can afford pal, FERRARI POWAH!'

i looked back at him and gone

lWPdJ.png

Dom turned back an goes 'man smoke him'

after an amazing drag race where i used 6 bottles of NOS, the big ones

i came home and my old man said 'Andrew ur 24, it's time to throw childish things aside' and I said 'OK pop'

but he didn't really say that he said that 'stop being a fkn dinosaur and get a job'

and thats how i became the fresh prince of belair

Lol hahahah

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
I get people trying to drag me at set of lights while i'm driving an old pos Volvo. They know that they will win anyway so why do they bother.

Because of the P's, i'm guessing that they expect an LS1 conversion under the bonnet.

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
I've gotten sick of people trying race me at the lights so I've just started taking my shirt off when they want a run.
You know the story, stopped at the lights, look around, catch their eye, they nod, they rev their engine, you take your shirt off.
Nothing stops someones want to race more than seeing a hairy overweight guy taking their clothes off.